IATA Consultant Level (Self-Study)
This DIPLOMA is a widely recognized qualification in the travel and tourism industry world wide.
Consultant Level Course Focus
Students will learn to:
- Handle all major aspects of travel agency business.
- Provide accurate advice to clients on major tourist destinations.
- Produce customized and international inclusive tours.
- Sell international business, incentive and conference travel arrangements.
- Construct complex fares and routings by applying advanced IATA fare constructing principles; issue and reissue tickets and other documents for all types of international journeys.
- Familiarize the students with the common national requirements, IATA’s Regulations and the role of the National Travel Agents’ associations.
- Learn effective selling skills.
- Understand the Settlement System to give operations a distinct operational advantage.
Consultant Level Course Contents
The Travel & Tourism Industry and the Travel Professional, Geography in Travel Planning, Travel Formalities
Land Transport - Rail Water Transport – Ferry, Land Transport - Car and Camper, Tour Packages, Hotels Air Transport Essentials
- Support Services
Customer Service Technology in the Travel Industry
- Air Fares and Ticketing
Air Fares and Ticketing
- This DIPLOMA is a widely recognized qualification in the travel and tourism industry world wide.
- This course is designed for students who have completed Foundation Diploma or the previous IATA Standard Diploma. This course will benefit Travel consultants with some industry experience, who wish to upgrade their professional competence, staff of tour operators and consolidators, and airlines.
Executives, consultants, officers and agents for:
- Airline, Airports, Travel agencies, Ticketing offices, Customer services, Ground handling agencies
Upon completion of the program the candidates are qualified to enter a variety of tourism sectors including: travel agencies, tour companies, airlines, cruise lines, hotels, government tourism departments, resorts, and many other related companies. This qualification also equips students to start and run his/her own tourism enterprise.
- Type of Exam: External
- Exam Duration: 2 papers of 3 hours each
- Exam Venue: To be advised as per IATA directives
- Exam Date: TBA
- AED 3,000/- inclusive of examination fee (Fees subject to change)
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Passport Copy
- Fee as specified in Fee policy/- to be paid at the time of Application