- The student visa is granted by the Ministry of Interior, General Directorate for Naturalization & Residence, and United Arab Emirates generally for a period of 3 years. The visa is extended (renewed) if the student continues to be a bona-fide student of the SUC.
- Documents required for processing renewal of student visa are:
- 6 passport size photographs.
- Visa renewal processing fee at the time of renewal
- The student will be required to undergo and pass a medical examination undertaken by the UAE Health authorities before his residence visa can be renewed. The SUC PRO will assist the student in this process.
ISSUANCE & RETURN OF PASSPORT TO/BY STUDENTS
- The passport will be released to the student for their use (travel, renewal, presentation for verification by government authorities etc) as per the existing Rules and Regulations of SUC
- The Passport Withdrawal Application Form is available on the students portal, duly completed by the student should be submitted to the HR Department at least 48 hours in advance prior to the requirement of the passport. Exception to the time limit may only be allowed only in case of extreme urgency or exigencies.
- The student should submit duly completed form approved by Head of Administration & Examination and Head of Finance Department to HRD.
- Students are required to deposit Dhs 2500/- as security deposit with the Finance Department. The deposit will be refunded to the student after the SUC visa is cancelled and student provides HR Department with exit stamp.
- After graduation if a student would like to withdraw their passport they need to deposit an additional amount of Dhs5000/- as security deposit with the Finance Department. The deposit will be refunded to the student after the passport is returned to the SUC's HR Department.
- The passport must be returned to the SUC for safe keeping on or before the date specified in the Passport Withdrawal Application Form. Failing to do the same will lead to disciplinary procedure.
- The student must notify the SUC Authorities (HR Department) in writing if he/she is unable to return the passport on the date specified in the Passport Withdrawal Application Form on or before the due date of return.
- Failure to return the Passport within 7 days of the due date of return will result in the SUC notifying the Ministry of Interior, General Directorate for Naturalization & Residence United Arab Emirates and putting up the case as absconding.
|3 year Visa Fee [Fully non-refundable once visa is filed]
|Passport Guarantee [Refundable at the time of visa cancellation]
|Visa renewal with Health Card - For 1 Year; Subject to change as per Govt. regulations.
|Visa Postponement [new students; before arrival in UAE]
* Note: The procedures / rules/ Fee detailed mentioned herein are for Information only and are subject to change from the immigration without prior notice.Students also have to pay for medical insurance of USD 1,100/- (amount is good for 4 years).
The SUC grants student visa to students selectively on the merit of each request. Admission to the SUC cannot therefore be construed or deemed as a right for obtaining visa. Admission officer fills in Student Visa Processing Request Form on receipt of the request. Visas are granted for enrollment in the SUC's program only. The student visa sponsored by the SUC will be for the period of study undertaken by the student and will be cancelled once the student completes his study with the SUC. The visa will be cancelled within two months (60 days) from the date a student is awarded his/her degree. The student visa is granted by the Ministry of Interior, General Directorate for Naturalization & Residence, and United Arab Emirates generally for a period of 3 years. The visa is extended (renewed) if the student continues to be a bona-fide student of the SUC.
Following documents are required for processing student's visa:
- Photocopy of student's passport pages detailing personal details, date of issue and expiry. The passport must be valid for a minimum period of 8 months at the time of request for processing of student visa.
- 12th standard certificate in English or Arabic or a notarized copy of English translation if the certificate is in any other language.
- Graduation transcript and degree certificate for student's seeking admission for the MBA Program.
- 12 passport sizes colored photograph of the student (White background).
- Police clearance and medical certificate, if required.
- Students on visit/transit visa at the time of seeking admission in the SUC's program must exit from UAE before their visa can be processed. A photocopy of their passport page exit stamp must be faxed to the Admission department.
- Visa processing fee (visa processing at the time of entry and visa cancellation at the time of exit).
After the visa has been issued, Admission officer will forward the scanned copy to student via email or fax. Original copy of student visa will be deposited by the PRO at the airport, port of entry of the student. Now a days e-visa are issued by Ministry of Interior, therefore there is no requirement of visa to be deposited. Student must carry a photocopy of e-visa sent to him/her by admission officer of SUC through e-mail before departing the country of origin. The student will be received by the PRO and taken to the hostel. Student must hand over the original visa document and original passport to the SUC PRO for safe keeping and processing of residence visa. If the student has a local guardian in such cases original copy of student visa can be handed over to student's relative or guardian for submission at the airport of entry.
The student will be required to undergo and pass a medical examination undertaken by the UAE Health authorities before his residence visa can be processed. The SUC PRO will assist the student in this process. Any change in the student's place of residence, postal address, telephone number/s must be notified to the SUC authorities immediately. The student is prohibited to take up any employment while he/she holds the SUC visa. The SUC's HR Department will retain the passport for safe custody during the period of the students study in the SUC. Any willful negligence or disregard of this essential proviso will lead to disciplinary action being initiated against the student. All such action will be initiated by a Disciplinary Committee constituting representatives from the Human Resource Department, Finance Department, Administration Department and Academics and recommendation presented to the President for his approval and ratification.
PRO provides essential assistance and support to international students to help them better adapt to life at Skyline. Among its many tasks is to help international students comply with immigration regulations during their time at the university.
New International Students with no UAE residence permit
Once an international student is accepted by SUC, the Marketing department sends the Student Visa Request Form to administration, which must be submitted along with one passport copy and eight passport-size photographs. Administration department after checking the documents forward the application to HRD/PRO. PRO then applies for the student's residence visa through the Department of Immigration in Sharjah. After the visa has been issued, the HRD sends intimation to Marketing along with scanned copy of visa. Marketing department will forward the scanned copy to student via email or fax.
- Make travel reservations to the UAE as soon as possible.
- On your departure, pack all Skyline University College correspondence (letter of admission or transfer evaluation) and items of identification (valid passport and visa copy) in your carryon luggage.
- Present the visa copy at the Visa Collection Counter in the airport where you arrive (whether Sharjah or Dubai Airport ). The original copy will be placed there and can be collected by producing the copy of same.
- Look for the Skyline University College representative at the airport with your name board.
- You must visit HRD to submit your original visa and passport in order to stamp the permanent residence on your passport. The visa that you will pick up from the airport is valid only for 60 days from the date of entry.
- Make sure the visa processing fee has been paid along with other fee.
Student's need to have a valid passport, valid UAE visa and a NOC from SUC.
Yes, International driving License is Valid in UAE. However, students need to apply for UAE driving license once their residence visa is stamped. SUC will be issuing a NOC letter to the students so that they can apply for UAE driving license.
Yes, the admission requirements are the same as of any International student. However, SUC will not be sponsoring the spouse or the kids. Only student visa will be applied for individual wanting to study with SUC.