- The student visa will be granted by the Ministry of Interior, General Directorate for Naturalization & Residence, and United Arab Emirates generally for a period of 1 year. The visa is extended (renewed) if the student continues to be a bona-fide student of the SUC.
- Documents required for processing renewal of student visa are:
- 6 New colored passport size photographs (white background).
- Visa renewal processing fee at the time of renewal
- The student will be required to undergo and pass a medical examination undertaken by the UAEHealth authorities before his residence visa can be renewed. The SUC PRO ( Public relation officer ) will assist the student in this process
Issuance & Return of Passport To/By Students
- Normally SUC will not keep any student passport after completing visa process will be on student custody.
- Student upon arrival and completing visa process should sign on an undertaken to resubmit his passport when required to SUC, and he will be fully responsible for any legal issues and fines that may arise for delaying of submitting.
- SUC have the rights to report student absconded as per UAE authority’s instructions, if he is not presenting to SUC and not committed study without any valid reason for 7 days.
- Student should seek SUC approval before leaving country if traveling during academic year.
- Student can keep passport with SUC for safe keeping if they wish so, and they can withdrawal by completing Passport Withdrawal Application Form.
The SUC grants student visa to students selectively on the merit of each request. Admission to the SUC cannot therefore be construed or deemed as a right for obtaining visa. Admission officer fills in Student Visa Processing Request Form on receipt of the request. Visas are granted for enrollment in the SUC’s program only. The student visa sponsored by the SUC will be for the period of study undertaken by the student and will be cancelled once the student completes his study with the SUC. The visa will be cancelled within two months (60 days) from the date a student is awarded his/her degree. The student visa is granted by the Ministry of Interior, General Directorate for Naturalization & Residence, and United Arab Emirates generally for a period of 1 year. The visa is extended (renewed) if the student continues to be a bona-fide student of the SUC.
Following documents are required for processing student’s visa:
- Photocopy of student’s passport pages detailing personal details, date of issue and expiry. The passport must be valid for a minimum period of 8 months at the time of request for processing of student visa.
- 12thstandard certificate in English or Arabic or a notarized copy of English translation if the certificate is in any other language.
- 6 passport sizes colored photograph of the student (White background).
- Police clearance and medical certificate, if required.
- Students on visit/transit visa at the time of seeking admission in the SUC’s program can endorse his visa instead of exit country before their visa can be processed.
- Visa processing fee (visa processing at the time of entry and visa cancellation at the time of exit).
After the visa has been issued, Admission officer will forward the scanned copy to student via email or fax. Original copy of student visa will be deposited by the PRO at the airport, port of entry of the student. Now a days e-visa are issued by Ministry of Interior, therefore there is no requirement of visa to be deposited. Student must carry a photocopy of e-visa sent to him/her by admission officer of SUC through e-mail before departing the country of origin. The student will be received by the PRO and taken to the hostel. Student must hand over the original visa document and original passport to the SUC PRO for safe keeping and processing of residence visa. If the student has a local guardian in such cases original copy of student visa can be handed over to student’s relative or guardian for submission at the airport of entry.
The student will be required to undergo and pass a medical examination undertaken by the UAE Health authorities before his residence visa can be processed. The SUC PRO will assist the student in this process. Any change in the student’s place of residence, postal address, telephone number/s must be notified to the SUC authorities immediately. The student is prohibited to take up any employment while he/she holds the SUC visa. The SUC’s HR Department will retain the passport for safe custody during the period of the students study in the SUC. Any willful negligence or disregard of this essential proviso will lead to disciplinary action being initiated against the student. All such action will be initiated by a Disciplinary Committee constituting representatives from the Human Resource Department, Finance Department, Administration Department and Academics and recommendation presented to the President for his approval and ratification.
PRO provides essential assistance and support to international students to help them better adapt to life at Skyline. Among its many tasks is to help international students comply with immigration regulations during their time at the university.
New International Students with no UAE residence permit
Once an international student is accepted by SUC, the Admission Department sends the Student Visa Request Form to Administration, which must be submitted along with one passport copy and six new colored passport-size photographs (white background). Administration Department after checking the documents forward the application to HRD/PRO. PRO then applies for the student’s residence visa through the Department of Immigration in Sharjah.
- Student should make travel reservations to the UAE as soon visa copy is received.
- Student must notify Admission Department of flight details at least 72 hours before the departure date (flight number, airport, arrival date and time) through e-mail at email@example.com.
- Students should carry SUC correspondence (letter of admission or transfer evaluation) and items of identification (valid passport and visa copy).
- Student should present the e-visa copy at immigration in the airport upon arrival in UAE (Sharjah or Dubai Airport). Student can print copy of e-visa emailed & enter the country.
- Student should look for the SUC Representative at the airport with your name board.
- Student must visit Admission Department for submission of passport and signing of documents.
- Student should meet the PRO for medical checkup and stamping of the permanent residence on the passport.
What are the requirements to get a Driving License in UAE?
Student's need to have a valid passport, valid UAE visa and a NOC from SUC.
Does international Driving License is valid in UAE?
Yes, International driving License is Valid in UAE. However, students need to apply for UAE driving license once their residence visa is stamped. SUC will be issuing a NOC letter to the students so that they can apply for UAE driving license.
Can I enroll on any degree program. If so what are the requirements for admission?
Yes, the admission requirements are the same as of any International student. However, SUC will not be sponsoring the spouse or the kids. Only student visa will be applied for individual wanting to study with SUC.