The Academic Affairs Council (AAC) is formed in order to achieve smooth functioning of the institution. This council is responsible for managing the various academic and academic support operations of the University. The AAC is a committee of operational heads of SUC and comprises of the Vice Chancellor who is Chair of AAC, Dean – Student Affairs who is Vice Chair of AAC, Dean – School of Business, Dean-School of IT, Deputy Director Academic Support Services & Registrar, Director of Marketing & Creative Communication, Deputy Director - Government & Public Relations, Head – Institutional Research, Quality Assurance, Outreach and Accreditation who are responsible for implementation of strategies on a yearly basis and also responsible for day to day operations of the University.
- To oversee the operations of respective departments under their supervision so as to achieve Vision and Mission of the Institution
- To identify gaps in their operations and suggest changes for satisfaction of stakeholders
- To resolve interdepartmental issues and facilitate a better coordination in accomplishing departmental goals
- To report the progress of semester and annual operations to Vice Chancellor
- To report the progress of semester and annual planning & closing to EC
MEMBERS OF AAC
|Dr. Mohammad Hasan Saleh Inairat||Professor, Vice Chancellor|
|Dr. Naseem Abidi||Professor, Head - IR, QA, Outreach and Accreditation|
|Dr. Osama Thawabeh||Associate Professor, Dean – Student Affairs|
|Dr. Ajith Kumar V.V||Associate Professor, Dean – School of Business|
|Dr. Deepak Kalra||Associate Professor, Dean – School of IT|
|Ms. Sunita Marwaha||Dy. Director – Academic Support Services and Registrar|
|Mr. Firas Al Tabbaa||Dy. Director – Government and Public Relations|
|Mr. Rakesh Gaur||Director – Marketing and Communications|
The Vice Chancellor is the Chair of AAC and is responsible for all pursuing the vision and mission of SUC and provide leadership to Academic Advisory Council (AAC) members, faculty members, staff, and students. He is responsible for the operations of SUC to fulfill overall goals and objectives of academic and academic support services and to provide a conducive learning environment. The Dean shall also oversee and co-ordinate the academic affairs of SUC, so that the stipulated academic and academic support services standards are maintained and monitored as per the institutional goals, policies and procedures. The Dean shall coordinate the overall operations of all the departments, ensuring integrity within the guidelines of SUC. He is also responsible for accreditation at national and international levels.
- To ensure the achievement of the Vision & Mission of SUC
- To oversee the effectiveness of operations in different academic support services departments and committees
- To ensure the effective implementation of IE Tools by all committees
- To ensure the effective implementation of a Feedback System
- To exercise control and review progress over university activities
- To oversee student enrollment, progression and satisfaction
- To evaluate AAC, faculty and staff performance
- To update EC on the institutional performance
- To liaise with and provide information to regulatory agencies and all stakeholders
Head – IR, QA, Outreach and Accreditation
Head of Quality Assurance oversees the functions of Institutional Research & Quality Assurance Office which is a vital unit to improve and maintain the institutional effectiveness by introducing best practices that help the institution to achieve desired quality standards in academics and academic support services. This unit also completes the preparation of documents for accreditation, application for new programs, ranking, listing, articulation, etc. and assists departments and committees in preparing the policy and procedure. It undertakes the responsibility of designing, electing and evaluating the Feedback system of the institution and provides inputs to the decision makers. It is also aimed at determining the best practices that help in enhancing quality in academics and academic support services and internal benchmark. Head of Quality Assurance reports to the Dean on day to day operations of the Institutional Research and Quality assurance department.
- To review quality standards for fulfilling the SUC Vision and Mission
- To develop and review strategic plan
- Assist departments and committees in planning and closing
- Evaluate Institutional Effectiveness& Feedback
- Evaluate academic performance
- Provide information to external agencies
- Facilitate employee performance evaluation system
- Provide orientation to faculty & staff
Dy. Director – Academic Support Services (DYASS) and Registrar
Deputy Director of Academic Support Services and Registrar of SUC is responsible to lead and manage the overall academic support functions of SUC in coordination with Vice Chancellor, HQA and Chair of Academic Planning & Operations Committee and Dean of Student Affairs. DYASS & Registrar ensures academic services are provided to the students in the best possible manner, Academic Support Operations are coordinated well and continuous professional and managerial development of academic support staff.
- To ensure that quality education is provided to a diverse student body by ensuring all the operational goals are achieved by Admin and HR and ensure Academic support is provided to Academics.
- To ensure employee diversity for the maintenance of quality of operations and academic delivery.
- To ensure employee development.
- To ensure employee retention and satisfaction.
- To act as bridge between Vice Chancellor, Dean (School of Business / IT) and Administration.
Dean – Student Affairs
Dean – Student Affairs oversees various services offered to students at SUC and supervises the conduct of student advising, counselling and student related activities, thus supporting the academic and academic support services to achieve the Vision and mission of the institution. Director of Student Affairs is responsible for managing student advising and mentoring for smooth progression of students and receives student's complaints and takes necessary actions to address the student's grievances.
- To lead the department for effective and efficient services to stakeholders
- To manage the student advising/ mentoring and progression towards graduation
- To monitor student academic progression and counsel them
- To orient new and continuing students both at the under graduate and Post graduate level
- To assist overall management of sports & hostel activities
- To maintain discipline, safety and security within the campus
- To review students list for scholarship
- To address issues of CRs, hostel and international students
Director – Marketing and Communications
Director – Marketing and Communications at SUC oversees functions of Marketing & Creative Communication Department, Media & Communication Department and Corporate Affairs & Events Office. Head of Marketing & Creative Communication Department is responsible in creating awareness and opportunities available at SUC that helps the students to develop their knowledge, skills and values and their overall personality.
Director of Marketing & Creative Communication Department is responsible to build a strong brand image and promote core values of SUC to stakeholders and participate in developing strategies.
Director of Marketing & Creative Communication Department is also responsible for supervising the Corporate Affairs Offices.
- To plan and guide the media and communication activities for SEO and SMO, website, portal and FAQs.
- To plan, develop and implement marketing strategies locally & internationally.
- To create brand awareness of SUC among the corporates and schools
- To facilitate placement & networking opportunities and strengthen alumni relations
- To supervise the activities of MoUs and Articulation agreement
Dy. Director – Public Relations
Dy. Director – Public Relations at SUC oversees functions of Marketing & Public relation activities. Head of Public Relations is responsible in creating awareness and opportunities available at SUC that helps the students to develop their knowledge, skills and values and their overall personality.
Head of Public Relations is responsible to build a strong brand image and promote core values of SUC to public sector stakeholders and participate in developing strategies.
- To facilitate SUC in brand building in the Government sector
- To facilitate signing of MoUs and Articulation agreements
- To plan, develop and implement marketing strategies locally & internationally in Arab market.
- To create brand awareness of SUC among public schools
- To facilitate networking opportunities and strengthen alumni relations
Dean – School of Business
Dean – School of Business is responsible for planning and executing the academic activities of the institution in collaboration with the Dean. He is also involved in providing guidelines to faculty and oversee their performance meets the academic standards of the institution. HOA also coordinates with the academic support services to ensure smooth operations that provides conducive learning environment.
HOA is responsible for preparing the academic plan for Programs to achieve the vision and mission of SUC. This exercise is carried out as per the strategic directions and the gaps identified after analyzing previous academic operations. Based on the academic planning, yearly, semester and quarterly operation plans for academics, learning resources and human resources are prepared which are further disseminated to respective departments for implementation. HOA also coordinates with IR and QA office in maintaining academic standards as per MOE and coordinate in the accreditation process and development of new academic programs. HOA explores the possibilities of developing SUC academic standards in line with the national / international academic standards.
- To plan Academic operations
- To assist in academic aspects of accreditations and ranking
- To enrich University learning resources
Dean – School of IT
Dean – School of IT is responsible for planning and executing the academic activities of the School of IT in collaboration with the Dean. He is also involved in providing guidelines to School of IT faculty and oversee their performance meets the academic standards of the institution. HOA- School of IT also coordinates with the academic support services to ensure smooth operations that provides conducive learning environment.
HOA- School of IT is responsible for preparing the academic plan for School of IT programs to achieve the vision and mission of SUC. This exercise is carried out as per the strategic directions and the gaps identified after analyzing previous academic operations. Based on the academic planning, yearly, semester and quarterly operation plans for academics, learning resources and human resources are prepared which are further disseminated to respective departments for implementation. HOA- School of IT also coordinates with IR and QA office in maintaining academic standards for the school of IT as per MOE and coordinate in the accreditation process and development of new School of IT programs.
- To plan Academic operations for School of IT
- To assist in academic aspects of industry collaborations, accreditations and ranking of School of IT
- To enrich University learning resources for School of IT