IATA - Global Distribution System Fares and Ticketing Course (self study)
The course provides participants with detailed understanding of the pricing process of a passengers’ journey, understand the applicable worldwide fare rules, use the fare formula, and use a GDS to issue airline tickets according to current international standards.
GDS Fares And Ticketing Course Contents
- Study of one of these three GDS systems:
Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre.
- Introduction to air fares, analyzing itineraries and retrieving fares from a GDS
- Introduction to the mileage system
- Practice pricing one way and circle trips
- Limitations on indirect travel, side trips and surface sectors
- Backhauls, circle trips, journeys in different classes of service and alternative fare break points
- Lowest combinations, round-the-world journeys, sales indicators and minimum checks
- This program is designed for Students who wish to have a career in the airline or travel industry, Personnel of large companies responsible for making travel arrangements, Personnel of airlines, tour operators and Internet travel suppliers.
The following basic skills are required
- Reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Good foundation of basic mathematics.
Executives, consultants, officers and agents for:
- Airline, Airports, Travel agencies, Ticketing offices, Customer services, Ground handling agencies
- Type of Exam: External
- Exam Duration: 1 papers of 3 hours each
- Exam Venue: To be advised as per IATA directives
- Exam Date: to be advised as per IATA directives
- AED 1,800/- (Fees subject to change)
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Passport Copy
- Fee as specified in Fee Policy to be paid at the time of Application
For course cancelled by Institution:
- 100% refund of course fee.
For course cancelled by student:
- 10% of the total fees will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded before the commencement of course.
- No refund after the commencement of course.
General terms & Conditions
- Course and exam dates are subject to change.
- Conduct of classes is subject to minimum number of students enrolled.
- Conduct of morning/evening batches is subject to minimum number of students enrolled. In case of cancellation of either of the batches, registered students would be shifted to available batch. Student should refer to fee refund policy, in case he/she is not willing to shift the batch.
- Courses offered during holy month of Ramadan would have different timings. Student should contact administration/CPD for new timings.