Basic Load Control
(Endorsed by Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality Management)
The Basic Load Control Course has been designed to provide participants of the air transportation industry with the skill to control the weight and balance of a departing flight and complete the required load documentation, e.g., load plan, load sheet, and trim sheet of a narrow-bodied aircraft efficiently and professionally at a basic level according to the prevailing international industry standard.
Basic Load Control Course Contents
- Aircraft description, parts, types, flight controls
- Forces that influence flight and aerodynamics
- Aircraft weights based on structure and operations
- Principles of aircraft balance
- Fuel usage
- Structural strength and fuselage limits
- Loading limitations
- Aircraft load distribution guidelines
- Normal types of loads
- Loads that need special attention
- Introduction to a conventional type of aircraft, its features
- Completing different load control documents
- Load control steps and weight calculation
- This program is designed for those who intend to function as an airside ramp agent or those who are already employed as such, but without the professional qualification required to succeed in an airline, airport or ground handling agency.
The following basic skills are required
- Reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Good foundation of basic mathematics.
- Before joining the Basic Ramp Handling course, it is recommended the candidate complete the Airline Customer Services and the Basic Load Control course.
Executives, Officers and Agents for:
- Airline airside ground operations
- Airport airside ground operations
- Ground handling agents’ airside ground operations
- Load Supervisor
- Course Duration: 2 weeks
- Course Days: Mon-Fri
- Course Timings – 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Type of Exam: External– CTH UK
- Exam Duration: 1 paper of 2 hours
- Exam Venue: Skyline University College
- AED 2,500 - (Fees subject to change)
- Last date to register
- One week prior to start of course
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Passport Copy
- Fee as specified in Fee Policy
For course cancelled by Institution:
- 100% refund of course fee.
For course cancelled by student:
- 10% of the total fees will be deducted and the balance amount will be refunded before the commencement of course.
- No refund after the commencement of course.
General terms & Conditions
- Course and exam dates are subject to change.
- Conduct of classes is subject to minimum number of students enrolled.
- Conduct of morning/evening batches is subject to minimum number of students enrolled. In case of cancellation of either of the batches, registered students would be shifted to available batch. Student should refer to fee refund policy, in case he/she is not willing to shift the batch.
- Courses offered during holy month of Ramadan would have different timings. Student should contact administration/CPD for new timings.
Tourism & Hospitality Management Programs Developing future talent
The Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH) is the UK's leading professional awarding body for qualifications in the specialist growing commercial sector worldwide.
Over the last 30 years CTH has focused on developing and adding value to careers in the industry, globally.
CTH was established in 1982 as a specialist professional body in the UK to focus on the training needs of new entrants to the hospitality and tourism industries, and now has accredited colleges worldwide delivering sought after CTH qualification.