Infrastructural development is an important element in the growth and development of economies. Usually most of the projects get delayed increasing cost of the project and the delays the trickle down benefits of the completed projects to the society. Therefore, there is a need for having a trained manpower in the field of project management specialization. This Concentration area enables students to understand the various dimensions of project planning, implementation, scheduling and completing the project on time. In addition, the evaluation of projects in terms of the resources and the risk associated with the project selection and completion is emphasized.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATION – GOALS
Student will be able to
- Develop an understanding of project management processes in planning, evaluating and selecting viable projects
- Develop an understanding and application of tools and techniques for resource procurement, management and risk assessment of a project
- Use technology and appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods to support strategic project decision making
- Develop skills to evaluate the project needs and select & manage project teams
- Demonstrate comprehensive skill when applying project management concepts, supported by research, in alignment with an organization's formulated goals
Student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding the process of planning, evaluating and selecting viable projects.
- Evaluate the sources and resource requirement for a project.
- Demonstrate the application of technology in project management and decision making.
- Demonstrate ability to assess risks in projects.
- Evaluate leadership skills in managing project teams.
Project Management Courses
Project Procurement Management
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANYONE
Project Risk Management
Project Team Management & Development
Admission Requirements for students in UAE
An applicant seeking admission for Graduate program is required to fulfill the following two conditions:
- Bachelor Degree
- English Language Proficiency
- Assistant Project Manager
- Associate Project Manager
- Business Project Manager
- Contract Project Manager
- Construction Project Manager
- Information Technology (IT) Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Senior Project Manager
Common sectors for graduates
- Aerospace and Defence
- Engineering and Construction
- Financial Services
- Finance and Banking
- Media, Marketing & Print
- Professional Services
- Public Sector – Government, NHS and NGOs
- Third sector – Charities, Voluntary and Not-for-Profit
- Transportation / Logistics