The Strategic Human Resources Management concentration prepares students to play an important role in managing the human resource requirements of an organization. Students completing this concentration would be able to develop strategies related to human resource planning, recruitment, selection and placement, training & development, compensation and performance management. An understanding of UAE labor laws would equip the students to make adequate decisions related to this environment and compare the region’s labor practices with international labor practices. This major also focuses on helping students to evaluate diversity issues and develop strategies for managing equality and diversity in the organizations.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP CONCENTRATION – GOALS
- Develop knowledge and skills in Human Resource Management processes, tools, systems and techniques.
- Develop skills in planning Human Resource activities within the organization.
- Equip students with the tools and techniques in analyzing and evaluating issues related to diversity and equal employment opportunity.
- Expose students to new trends in Human Resource Information Technology.
STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATION – LEARNING OUTCOMES
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary issues in Human Resource Management.
- Analyze legal and diversity issues in Human Resource Management.
- Design systems, tools & techniques of human capital management.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate strategies of compensation and training in improving organizational performance.
|SHR7112||Strategic Human Resource Development||MGM6001||3||Protected and compulsory course|
|Electives – Choose Any Two|
|SHR7110||Performance and Compensation Management||MGM6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SHR7111||Managing Legal Aspect and Diversity||MGM6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
Strategic Human Capital Management
|MGM6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
|Total Credits Required In Concentration in Strategic Human Resource Management
*Student needs to complete any three courses out of the four courses of the concentration areas
An organization cannot function properly without an efficient human resource management. MBA with concentration on Human Resources Management emphasizes the importance of a healthy organization that caters to the professional needs of the workforce. This program will provide you a better understanding on human resource best practices, recruitment, managing diversity, and compensation and performance management.
Head of HRD
Organizational Development Specialist