In today’s technology driven and dynamic environment, government organizations world over are moving towards E –Governance for Smart Governance. Properly designed and implemented, E-Governance can improve efficiency in the delivery of government services and simplifies compliance of government regulations. This helps in strengthen citizen participation to use government services and builds trust in government.
This Concentration provides an opportunity for the students to learn the theories, practices and skills relating to E-Governance and take initiatives for exploring new dimensions of E-Governance. E-Governance initiatives become functionally successful when they are complemented with understanding ethical, legal and technological issues relating to governance. All the initiatives of E-Governance need to be implemented within a time frame for the services to be effective for public and business users therefore a course on project management helps students in understanding the execution of the E-Governance initiatives.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP CONCENTRATION – GOALS
- Develop an understanding of theories and practices of E-Governance
- Develop an understanding of cultural, ethical, legal & security issues relating to E-Governance
- Develop skills to identify, plan, implement and review the E-Governance initiatives for smart governance
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP CONCENTRATION – LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of theories and practices of E- Governance Initiatives
- Assess the user requirements in the context of technological, cultural, ethical and legal perspectives
- Analyze the strategies for planning and implementing E- Governance projects
- Evaluate strategies for optimal utilization of E-Governance initiatives
|EGV7113||Security, Ethical and Legal Issues of E-Governance||CIS6001||3||Protected and compulsory course|
|Electives – Choose Any Two|
|EGV7010||E- Governance Theory and Practice||None||3||Elective and Protected course|
|EGV7111||Emerging Technologies for Smart Governance||CIS6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
E-Governance Project Management
|CIS6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
|Total Credits Required In Concentration in E-Governance
The technological advances of today have been beneficial to different sectors and shifting towards forward-thinking governance is on trend. MBA with concentration on E-Governance introduces an opportunity for students to learn the emerging technologies for smart governance, project management, and the security, ethical, and legal issues that come with it.
Federal and State Governments