The MBA with Strategic Human Resources Management prepares students to play an important role in managing the human resource requirements of an organization.
The Strategic Human Resources Management Emphasis prepares students to play an important role in managing the human resource requirements of an organization. Students completing this emphasis would be able to develop strategies related to human resource planning, recruitment, selection and placement, training & development, compensation and performance management. An understanding of UAE labor laws would equip the students to make adequate decisions related to this environment and compare the region’s labor practices with international labor practices. This major also focuses on helping students to evaluate diversity issues and develop strategies for managing equality and diversity in the organizations.
- Develop knowledge and skills in Human Resource Management processes, tools, systems and techniques
- Develop skills in planning Human Resource activities within the organization
- Equip students with the tools and techniques in analyzing and evaluating issues related to diversity and equal employment opportunity
- Expose students to new trends in Human Resource Information Technology
Student will be able to:
- Describe current processes and practices in Human Resource Management
- Analyze legal and diversity issues in Human Resource Management.
- Design systems, tools & techniques of human capital management.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate strategies of compensation and training in improving organizational performance
- Total credits required for graduation – 36
- 18 Months (1 year 6 months), Program Provided that the
student meets the CGPA requirements.
- The program will run in the evening time 6:50 PM - 10:10 PM, three days a week.
- Weekend classes run between 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM on Friday and Saturday.
- At the end of duration of the program, students are awarded a Master of Business Administration degree mentioning their area of specialization.
- Degrees are recognized and stamped by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE.
- There are three admission intakes for the MBA program namely May, September and January each year.
- Evening Class – 1900 – 2200 Hrs.
- Weekend program timing (1000 HRS to 1530 HRS).
STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT EMPHASIS COURSES
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY THREE
|SHR 7110||Performance and Compensation Management||MGM6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SHR 7111||Managing Legal Aspect and Diversity||MGM6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SHR 7112||Strategic Human Resource Development||MGM6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SHR 7113||Strategic Human Capital Management||MGM6001||3||Elective and Protected course|
|Total Credits required in Emphasis in Human Resource Management||9|
*Student needs to complete any three courses out of the four courses of the Emphasis areas
MBA with Emphasis on Strategic Human Resource Management
An organization cannot function properly without an efficient human resource management. MBA with Emphasis on Human Resources Management emphasizes the importance of a healthy organization that caters to the professional needs of the workforce. This program will provide you a better understanding on human resource best practices, recruitment, managing diversity, and compensation and performance management.
Head of HRD
Organizational Development Specialist
A. Develop an understanding about the basic concepts and constructs of modern management theories and its applications
B. Instill analytical thinking that enhances problem solving and decision making.
C. Develop understanding of successful management techniques and practices
Student will be able to:
A. Integrate knowledge in the fields of managerial economics, finance & accounting, human resource management, marketing management & business management systems for managing business operations
B. Assess ethical values and practices for conducting business
C. Analyze business problems and take strategic decisions
D. Evaluate business scenarios with help of appropriate tools and techniques
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - CORE COURSES
|FIA6001||Managerial Accounting||3||None||Core course|
|MAT6001||Quantitative Methods For Business Decision Making (P)||3||None||Core and Protected course|
|BUS6001||International Business(P)||3||None||Core and Protected course|
|CIS6001||Corporate Information Strategy & Management||3||None||Core course|
|ECO6001||Managerial Economics||3||None||Core course|
|FIA6002||Financial Management(P)||3||None||Core and Protected course|
|MGM6001||Human Resource Management||3||None||Core course|
|MKT6001||Marketing Management||3||None||Core course|
|MGM7102||Strategic Management('C')||3||Successful completion of 6000 level Course||Capstone Course|
|Total Credits required in Core Courses||27|