The MBA with Emphasis on Finance equips students to acquire specialized skills and knowledge in understanding and analyzing financial transactions and related activities of an organization as well as to make effective and ethical financial decisions related to the same.
The MBA Emphasis in finance equips students to acquire specialized skills and knowledge in understanding, and analyzing financial transactions and related activities of an organization as well as to make effective and ethical financial decisions related to the same. The purpose of this emphasis is to enable students to understand and analyze theories in corporate finance, investment and portfolio management. A focus on financial institutions and international finance domain enable students to keep abreast with the various changes and challenges operating in international business scenarios
- Develop theoretical & practical knowledge and skills in finance
- Equip students with decision making and analytical skills
- Develop an understanding of the operations and structures of various financial systems
- Develop ethically oriented financial professionals
Student will be able to:
- Explain theoretical framework of corporate and financial institutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical practices and its implications in regional and global financial Institutions
- Apply the principles, tools and research techniques for making financial decisions
- Analyze and estimate risk and return for investment decisions
- Evaluate government regulations and its effect on corporate and financial institutions
- Total credits required for graduation – 36
- 18 Months (1 year 6 months), Program Provided that the
student meets the CGPA requirements.
- The program will run in the evening time 6:50 PM - 10:10 PM, three days a week.
- Weekend classes run between 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM on Friday and Saturday.
- At the end of duration of the program, students are awarded a Master of Business Administration degree mentioning their area of specialization.
- Degrees are recognized and stamped by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE.
There are three admission intakes for the MBA program namely May, September and January each year.
- Evening Class – 1900 – 2200 Hrs.
- Weekend program timing (1000 HRS to 1530 HRS).
EMPHASIS ON FINANCE COURSES
Electives – Choose Any Three
|FIA7210||Corporate Finance (P, E)||FIA6001, FIA6002||3||Elective and Protected course|
|FIA7211||International Finance (P, E)||FIA6001, FIA6002||3||Elective and Protected course|
|FIA7212||Investment and Portfolio Management (P, E)||FIA6001, FIA6002||3||Elective and Protected course|
|FIA7213||Management of Banks & Financial Institutions (P, E)||FIA6001, FIA6002||3||Elective and Protected course|
|Total Credits required in Emphasis on Finance||9|
*Student needs to complete any three courses out of the four courses of the Emphasis areas
MBA with Emphasis on Finance
This program tackles a more comprehensive look on financial management in order to equip students with the right understanding in large operations. It also enables students to be more resilient in financial decision-making and become effective member of an organization.
A. Develop an understanding about the basic concepts and constructs of modern management theories and its applications
B. Instill analytical thinking that enhances problem solving and decision making.
C. Develop understanding of successful management techniques and practices
Student will be able to:
A. Integrate knowledge in the fields of managerial economics, finance & accounting, human resource management, marketing management & business management systems for managing business operations
B. Assess ethical values and practices for conducting business
C. Analyze business problems and take strategic decisions
D. Evaluate business scenarios with help of appropriate tools and techniques