ACADEMIC PLANNING & OPERATIONS COMMITTEE
The Academic Planning Committee is responsible for preparing the academic plan for Programs to achieve the vision and mission of SUC. This exercise is carried out as per the strategic directions and the gaps identified after analyzing previous academic operations. Based on the academic planning, yearly, semester and quarterly operations plans for academic, learning resources and human resources are prepared which are further disseminated to respective departments for implementation. This committee additionally prepares plans for integrating and conducting professional training courses under Centre for Continuing Learning. Academic and Operations Planning Committee also coordinates with IR and QA office in maintaining academic standards as per MOE and coordinate in the accreditation process and development of new academic programs. This committee also explores the possibilities of developing SUC academic standards in line with the national / international academic standards.
- To support effective teaching and learning practices of Faculty members
- To support the functioning of PSDP, internship and dissertation at SUC
- To manage the Skyline Entrepreneurship and Innovation Club [SEIC]
- To support in faculty recruitment and probation confirmation
TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS COMMITTEE
Teaching effectiveness (TE) is one of the primary functions to support higher education teaching and learning practices. TE can be understood by studying the models of instruction that capture and define what it is that effective teachers know and do - a set of behaviors that effective teachers incorporate into their daily professional practices. These involve a deep understanding of subject matter, learning theory and student differences, planning and classroom instructional strategies, knowing individual students, assessment of student understanding and proficiency with learning outcomes. They also include a teacher's ability to reflect on teaching and learning practices, collaborate with colleagues and continue ongoing professional development.
Effective teaching and learning practices need to be measurable through establishment of mechanisms for relevancy of academic, general educational programs and internship practices as well as effectiveness of course design to include integration and application of case studies, research papers, news items, application of innovative teaching practices / pedagogy (including blended-learning teaching practices, engagement with content materials, open-ended problem-solving, critical reflection, team work, new/relevant course materials) as well as assessments. ther, teaching effectiveness needs to enable Faculty to articulate theoretical concepts and discourse knowledge clearly and explicitly through updated texts and relevancy of additional readings (online and physical resources). Teaching effectiveness also delves into academic rigor including reinforcement, intensive academic reading and writing practices (text application, analysis, synthesis, critical reflection and evaluation); appropriate testing instruments (for example, knowledge level taxonomies of learning objectives / higher-order questions) and evaluation practices (including moderation, timely assessment and feedback practices).
- To support effective teaching and learning practices of Faculty members.
- To support the functioning of PSDP, internship and dissertation at SUC .
- To manage the Skyline Entrepreneurship and Innovation Club [SEIC].
- To support in faculty recruitment and probation confirmation.
OUTREACH & ACCREDITATION PLANNING COMMITTEE"
The Skyline University College (SUC) is committed to provide world class higher education and serve professionals and community at large. This policy enables for enhancing outreach initiatives at national, regional and international level. It also reviews, benchmark and plan for national and international accreditation of its programs, schools and university.
The committee goals are
- The SUC lives up to its strategic plan by being a community based university that extends knowledge, information and resources to professionals and society at large.
- The committee to spearhead policy and procedure review, changes and revisions regularly to ensure national accreditation and plan for international accreditation.
- Resources are mobilized and used efficiently and effectively for national and international accreditation, extension and outreach services.
- An environment is created and enabled for creation and dissemination of knowledge in coordination and collaboration with other reputed organizations.
COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMITTEE
Service to Community is the manifestation of the SUC's commitment towards society and its social responsibility. Services to Community are defined as contribution by the faculty members, staff and students of SUC towards the society in a meaningful manner satisfying the core philosophy in line with the vision and mission of SUC. The Community Services Committee provides an opportunity to faculty, staff and students to engage in achieving their responsibility towards the society through their skills, knowledge and value.
- To encourage and involve faculty, staff and students to enhance brand value of SUC.
- To encourage faculty, staff and students to contribute to community development Activities.
- To invite and encourage faculty, staff and students to initiate and actively participate in community services.
Scholarly activities are an integral part of academic functions in an institution of higher education. Skyline University College encourages faculty members to actively participate in academic and practical research forums. Publishing in peer reviewed journals, international conference presentations, participating in seminars and collaborative work with industry from UAE, MENA and Rest of the World are the major activities to be promoted by the committee. The research papers must be published in refereed journals and all the conference presentations preferably be from reputable Academies or Associations (Sample of Recommended Journals and Refereed Conferences are mentioned in the Faculty Evaluation Criteria in the Research Policy Document). Skyline University offers an academic & financial support to Faculty members to initiate a research preferably an applied and good quality in all relevant areas of Business Management, Computer, Social Sciences, Tourism and Language domains. Faculty members are encouraged to conduct good research in their own areas of broad specialization. Generally, Business Education provides a solution to corporations and contributes the practical aspects for students' learning, in this connection, Research & Development committee will also maintain a research culture in order to explore relevant research areas and identify funding opportunities for Faculty and Students.
- To provide a positive environment for research activities to enhance research skills of Faculty.
- To publish a recognized research work and share a knowledge within & outside.
QUALITY ASSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION COMMITTEE
The Quality Assurance and Risk Management Committee is responsible for the audit of academic and academic support services. The committee audits the Academic support service department and all the other departments of SUC. An audit report is generated which consists of the gaps identified and presented to the Executive Council for decision making. The Executive Council suggests corrective actions and advises the timeframe for implementation of corrective action.
The committee is responsible for continuous assessment of risks and its timely control. The risk Management committee comprises of all the Heads of Department and Registrar. The committee will be headed by the Dean (Chair of the Risk Management Committee) and all decisions related to ensuring risk free environment will be the responsibility of the Dean.
- To identify the areas of improvement and suggest corrective action in academic and academic support services
- To evaluate difficulties in implementation of policies
- To review public disclosure material and identify discrepancies
- To assist in preparing best practices and benchmarking with international institutions