The Human Resources Department is responsible for fulfilling the Vision and Mission of Skyline University College by developing sound HR policies that provides conducive work environment and develops a positive work and learning culture to enhance quality in the SUC. HR Department helps in recruiting, retaining, motivating and developing team of capable and dedicated Academic and Academic Support Services Employees who are oriented to professionally achieve the SUC objectives.
HRD engages in continuous updates of Faculty & Staff Members so as to professionally respond to day today challenges in the work environment. To ensure each employee keep abreast with the ever-changing trends HRD coordinates the need based Faculty and Staff development programs.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To plan and recruit Faculty and Staff Members from diverse cultural and functional backgrounds to ensure the quality of Academic delivery.
- Evaluate HR processes for Efficiency and Improvement.
- Initiatives to develop Employees by equipping them with relevant skills for current job and future roles.
- Recognizing Employees contribution to the Organization and develop Reward Mechanism to motivate employees leading to enhanced performance.
- To define systems and processes to evaluate and ensure Employee satisfaction levels and accordingly strategizes to retain employees.
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
To have an effective recruitment policy the Staff Search Committee is in place constituting of Dean, HEAD HR and concerned HOD. The committee engages in identifying suitable candidates for vacant positions from varied sources.
Staff Search Committee initiates the process of Staff recruitment based on the vacancy arising due to resignation, termination, retirement, promotion, and/or additional Staff requirements because of the expansion of operations.
Department Head in coordination with HR and Dean plans for Staff resources requirement for the Academic Year and identified and recruit suitable candidate for the Academic Support Services position.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
A competitive compensation package is offered to attract well qualified and trained manpower to manage academic and non-academic activities and to raise the Academic standards as envisaged in the Vision & Mission of the SUC. The compensation package includes following components:
- Basic Salary
- Social Allowance
- Communication and Transportation Allowance
- Administrative Allowance (If applicable)
- Benefits (Details are available in benefit section)
The Human Resources Department is responsible for fulfilling the Vision and Mission of Skyline University College by developing sound HR policies that provides conducive work environment and develops a positive work and learning culture to enhance quality in the SUC.
The Human Resources Department of SUC is managed by the HASS (Head Academic Support Services). The Human Resources department is primarily involved in implementing the HR policy & Procedures of SUC. The Human Resources Supervisor performs the functions such as planning, organizing, recruiting, developing, motivating & maintaining human resources to manage smooth operation as per SUC's strategic plan and report directly to the HASS/Registrar of the University. The Department also involves in number of activities like providing orientation, settling down assistance, and organizing, training & development, employee related activities of SUC. The department is also engages in Faculty and Staff evaluation process and maintains personal records which are updated time to time.
- Student Trainees & Student Related Activities
- ERP Services
- Tax Free Competitive Salaries and Benefits
- Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage
- Valuable Allowances: Furniture and Transportation
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Balanced Working Hours
- Generous Leave Benefits and Air Tickets
Skyline University is a vibrant academic community comprised of employees performing in many different types of positions, such as research, administrative, and academic. All Faculty/Staff positions are posted on the Skyline University web site and you must apply online to be considered for a position. To apply for a Faculty position at Skyline University, follow these steps:
- Visit the Skyline University homepage at www.skylineuniversity.ac.ae and click on HR. Under the "Careers" section page you will find a listing of all Faculty positions at Skyline University for which we are currently recruiting.
- Browse the list of open positions, once you have determined the position(s) you are interest in, you must formally apply online for each of these positions by submitting an online application, resume, and, in some cases, cover letter. You may apply to more than one position at a time.
- Once you have applied online, you will receive an automatic confirmation email indicating that your resume has been received. If it is determined your background may be a good match for the position, you will be contacted by the Office of Human Resources or directly by the Department regarding next steps.
What is Academics Recruitment Eligibility Criteria?
The selected Faculty is given a six months probationary appointment during which the performance is evaluated by Faculty Feedback Review Committee (FFRC) constituting Dean, Chair of Teaching Effectiveness, Chair of Services and Chair of Research and Chair of Academic planning and operation committee.
The selected Staff member is having Four month of probation during which the performance is evaluated by HOD (Head of Department) HR (Human resources) HASS ( Head Academic Support Services)and Dean
Visa takes 5 – 7 working days to receive unless there's a case ban, classified nationality, security check, active labor card etc. These are beyond our control and we will inform you of any such problem after we receive information from Ministry of Labour.
Photocopy of Faculty/ Staff Member passport pages detailing personal details, date of issue and expiry. The passport must be valid for a minimum period of 8 months at the time of request for processing of employment visa.
Original and Copy of highest qualification earned in English or Arabic or a notarized copy of English translation if the certificate is in any other language.
12 colored passport size photograph with white background of the Faculty / Staff Member
Faculty and Staff members need to get their last certificate attested from the below mentioned:
- Ministry of Higher Education of the country from where you have earned the PhD degree.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country from where you have earned the PhD degree.
- UAE Embassy of the country from where you have earned the PhD degree
- FREE ACCOMMODATION FOR ONE MONTH
- EMPLOYEE LOANS
- OFFICE & SUPPLIES ALLOCATION
- SUC ID & BUSINESS CARDS
The Faculty / Staff members have 4 yrs. of Limited Contract.
All salaries for Full Time Faculty/Staff Members are transferred to their bank accounts normally by 25th of each month.
SUC Finance Department will assist Faculty Member to open a bank account which will be done within 15 days after the completion of Visa stamping.
- Duly filled and signed bank application formM
- Passport with visa copy
- Salary Certificate
SUC carries out employment orientation to the newly appointed Faculty / Staff Members in order to make them acquainted with the roles and responsibilities of the job with in the first week of Joining.
Full-time Faculty Members are not allowed to be employed/teach in any other institution. Outside employment is considered as Breach of Contract.
- Accommodation allowance
- Official transportation
- Medical insurance
- Airline ticket allowance
- Faculty furniture allowance
- Faculty conferences & research funds
Faculty :-The SUC observes 40 hour work schedule on a weekly basis (any 5 days in a week including weekend) wherein 8 hrs. per day may be worked out in different combinations as decided from time to time.
Staff:- The SUC observes 48 hour work schedule for all Academic Support Services Staff.
What are the types of Leave and its Policy?
- FACULTY / STAFF EVALUATION SYSTEM
- FACULTY / STAFF TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- AWARDS & APPRECIATION
Faculty : The contract may be terminated by the Employer without cause by giving to the other party at least one semester (16 weeks) notice or pay in lieu of notice. The contract may be terminated by the Faculty member by giving to the other party at least one semester (16 weeks) notice or pay in lieu of notice.
Staff : The contract may be terminated by the Employer without cause by giving to the other party at least 45 day notice or pay in lieu of notice. The contract may be terminated by the Faculty member by giving to the other party at least 45 day notice or pay in lieu of notice.