UAE Vision 2021 National Agenda ensures sustainable development by preserving the environment, achieving a perfect balance between economic and social development and improve the quality of life of its citizens. The Concentration provides an understanding the elements of sustainable development from the field of social sciences and equips the students to develop and evaluate strategies for managing natural resources and sustainable economic development.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT CONCENTRATION – GOALS
- Develop an understanding of concepts and issues relating to sustainable development.
- Equip students with analytical, evaluative skills in managing natural capital for sustainable economic development.
- Expose students to various sustainability strategies related to innovation, organizational and human change.
- Develop ethical sustainability programs and practices
SUSTAINABILITY CONCENTRATION – LEARNING OUTCOMES (ELO)
B. SUSTAINABILITY concentration – LEARNING OUTCOMES
After successful completion of the concentration, student will be able to
- Explain the principles and framework of sustainability.
- Analyze issues of sustainability in relation to natural environment, people and profit.
- Formulate effective sustainability strategies for profit and nonprofit making organizations.
- Evaluate government laws/regulations and its effects on the pillars of sustainability.
|SUS7112||Economics for Sustainable Development||
|3||Protected and compulsory course|
|Electives – Choose Any Two|
|SUS7010||Global Principles of Sustainability||None||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SUS7111||Natural Capital||SUS7010||3||Elective and Protected course|
Sustainable Innovation and Design
|SUS7010||3||Elective and Protected course|
|Total Credits Required in Concentration in Sustainable Development
*Student needs to complete any three courses out of the four courses of the Concentration areas.
CSR( Corporate Social Responsibility) Manager
Chief sustainability executives