- B.E Degree in Electrical Engineering from N.E.D University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan, in 1993
- M.Sc. Degree and the Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science from the Institute of Mathematics & Computer Science from the University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Pakistan in 1996 and 2001, respectively
- Has worked for a number of reputable universities in the UAE
Certifications and other info relevant to teaching and research:
- Professional certifications from IBM, CISCO, and others
- His research interest includes -but not limited to- Computer Networks, Information Security, Management Systems, e-Government, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, and Information Technology Ethics
- Taher M. Ghazal, Mohammed Kamrul Hasan, Rosilah Hasan, Shayla Islam, Siti Norul Huda Sheikh Abdullah, Mohammed A.M. Affifi, & Deepak Karla . (2020). Security Vulnerabilities, Attachs, Threats and the Proposed Countermeasures for the Internet of Things Applications . Solid State Technology , 63(1), 1566-1574.
- Afifi, M. A. Assessing Information Security Vulnerabilities and Threats to Implementing Security Mechanism and Security Policy Audit. Journal of Computer Science, 16(3), 321–329.
- Ghazal, T. M., Afifi, M. A., & Kalra, D. (2020). Data Mining and Exploration: A Comparison Study among Data Mining Techniques on Iris Data Set. Talent Development & Excellence, 12(1).
- Afifi, M. A., Kalra, D., & Ghazal, T. M. (2020). The Role of Training in Determining Citizen-Consumer Attitudes Towards the Use of e-Government. Journal of Talent Development and Excellence, 12(1), 4812-4822.
- Kalra, D, Taher M. Ghazal , Affifi. M.A (2020) "Integration of Collaboration Systems in Hospitality Management as a Comprehensive Solution “International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology ,Vol. 29, No. 8s, pp. 3155-3173 , ISSN: 2207-6360
- Afifi, M. A. (2019, November). Insights on National Identity Cards Potential Applications and Digitizing Its Uses Based on the EID Card. In 2019 International Conference on Digitization (ICD) (pp. 160-166). IEEE.
- Afifi M. A. (2019). “Insights on National Identity Cards Potential Applications and Digitizing Its Uses Based on the EID Card” presented at International Conference on Digitization (ICD-2019: Nov18-19) organized by Skyline University College, Sharjah, UAE.
- Afifi M. A., Alkhatib O., Alshamsi R. (2018). “Ethical Responsibilities for Assessment of Techniques and Legal Framework to Minimize IT Crimes in UAE” published in Al Dar Research, Journal for Sustainability, Volume 2 – No. 2, http://adrjs.aduc.ac.ae/ADRJS229.aspx .
- Afifi M. A. (2018). “Information Security Vulnerabilities Analysis for having Computer System Security Audit” presented & published at International Conference on Computer Auditing,17–18. https://www.iacae.org/English/Publication/Download_file.php?file=2018_B7.
- Afifi M. A. (2017).” Analysis of MANET Security Issues: Vulnerabilities, Attacks, and Measures” published in Al Dar Research Journal for Sustainability, Volume 2 – No. 1. http://adrjs.aduc.ac.ae/Papers/Vol2no1/ADRJS%20Vol.%202,%20No.1%20Nov%2017 %20Issue.pdf ISSN: 2415-4377, 2016, ADRJS
- Afifi M. A., K. N. (2017). “The Evolution of the E-Learning Process and its Future” published in Al Dar Research Journal for sustainability, Volume 1 – No. 2, http://adrjs.aduc.ac.ae/Papers/Vol1no2/4.The%20Evolution%20of%20the%20e- pdf
- Afifi M. A., K. N. (2017), “Linux Platform as a Secure Desktop Solution” published in International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume162, Issue6. : http://www.ijcaonline.org/archives/volume164/number3/27461-2017913597, ISBN: 973-93-80896-07-9, ISSN (0975 – 8887),
- Afifi M. A. (2011).” Technical Report on Business Process Reengineering” (IDEF5): RasGas Company Limited (RasGas), Qatar, Report Approved.
- Afifi M. A. (2010).” Research on GPS Vehicle Speed-Limit Monitoring System”
- Afifi M. A. (2008)”. Technical Report on Project Management Reporting: Creating Status Report That Improves Project Quality and Progress” submitted to Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), Saudi Arabia.
- Afifi M. A. (2007).” Technical Report on Object Oriented Systems Analysis & Design using Unified Modeling Language” submitted to Abu Dhabi Police Headquarters (ADPH), Abu Dhabi, Report approved.
- Afifi M. A. (2007).” Technical Report on Telecom, Datacom, and Networking for non-engineers”, submitted to Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC), Abu Dhabi, Report approved.
- Afifi, M. A. (2020). Assessing Information Security Vulnerabilities and Threats to Implementing Security Mechanism and Security Policy Audit, Journal of Computer Science, Jan. 2020.
1. T.R.S, H.W., Afifi M. A. (2011). “CVShare: A P2P Approach to Find Job” presented at International Conference on Next Generation Information Technology (ICNIT2011:), Gyeongju, Korea.
2. Afifi M. A. (2019). “Insights on National Identity Cards Potential Applications and Digitizing Its Uses Based on the EID Card”, EEEXplore,Page No-160-166,ISBN-978-1-7281-3841-1@IEEE