- PhD English, Rhodes University 2004
- MA Education TESOL, Middlesex University, 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education, (Secondary Teaching), Rhodes University, 1994
- BA English & History, Concordia University, 1993
- Skyline University Associate Professor, 2019-until present
- Amity University Associate Professor, 2015-2018
- Sharjah University English Language Center, 2014-2015
- Skyline University Associate Professor, 2012-2014
- Walter Sisulu University Center for Teaching and Learning Development, 2007-2012
- Rhodes University HOD English East London, Associate Dean of Humanities, 1996-2006
Certifications and other info relevant to teaching and research:
- Design, Development and Implementation of Assessment of learning in Higher Education and Training
- Assessment of Outcomes Based Education, Rhodes University, 2011
- South African Council for Educators (SACE)Registration, 2017- current
- Cambridge CELTA Certificate, 2012
- IPhone App Development Program, University of Sharjah, 2014
- CompTIA Network + Certification, CSS, 2009
- Investment Funds Institute of Canada, 1991
- Senior, J. Upadhya, A., Vij, M. (2020). "An Early Snapshot of Emergency Remote Teaching via Microsoft Teams During the COVID-19 Lockdown: Student Feedback from a Mid-sized College", Interactive Technology and Smart Education. (Submitted)
- Senior, J. (2019) "Mobile Translation Apps. and Second Language Teaching; What do Students think?" https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/conhome/9102207/proceeding
- Upadhya, A., Agha, K., Vij, M., Senior, J. (2020). "Role of Destination Management Organization (DMO) in empowering women through training – case of Sharjah tourism"
- International Conference on Bilingualism and Bilingual Education. American Univ. of Sharjah, U.A.E. Dec. 2009. Designing Multi-lingual Self-study e-Learning Course Support Materials: A Study of Experiential Teaching Practices among Non-Mother-Tongue English Speakers at a University in South Africa.
3rd Annual University Teaching and Learning Conference. University of Natal, Durban, South Africa, Oct. 2009. Can linguistic/cultural academic barriers for non-English home language students be successfully navigated by students through an integrated multi-lingual e-learning platform?
- Sixteenth International Conference on Learning, University of Barcelona, June, 2009. A study of experimental teaching practices among non-mother-tongue English speakers at a university in South Africa
15th International Conference on Learning, University of Chicago, June 2008. In whose Languages should we Teach?: A Comparison of Historically Disadvantaged Student English and Home Language Capabilities at a South African University.
- Second Literature & Ecology Colloquium, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, September 2005. The Continuity of the Spirit Among all Living Things in the Philosophy and Literature of Henry Rider Haggard.