Tourism and Hospitality Management - Goals
- To develop an overall understanding of the dynamics of tourism and hospitality sector with a reference to its background, modern practices and future prospects.
- To develop an understanding of core concepts in the areas of tourism and hospitality.
- To develop managerial and operative skills for performing various functions in tourism and hospitality.
- To develop analytical and evaluating skills for problem solving in tourism and hospitality issues.
Tourism and Hospitality Management - Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of tourism system and its impacts on economy, culture and environment for tourism development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of hospitality business, its departments and their functioning.
- Integrate Information Communication Technology in tourism and hospitality for effective operations and management.
- Apply skills of management for managing functions of tourism and hospitality businesses.
- Plan and organize events, itineraries and perform tourism and hospitality operations.
- Evaluate and formulate strategies for tourism and hospitality enterprises.
Foundations of Tourism
Management of Travel and Tours
Front Office Management
E – Tourism
Food & Beverage Services and Management
Strategic Tourism and Hospitality Management
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANYONE
Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
Impacts of Tourism
Admission Requirements for students in UAE
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT - UNDERGRADUATE
- High School Qualification
- English Language Proficiency
- Mathematics Proficiency
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Travel Agent
- Casino Manager
- Heritage Interpreter
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Spa Director
- Travel Consultant
- Special Events Coordinator
- Retail Supervisor
- Accommodation Service Manager
- Recreation/Activity Director (Cruise Ships)
- Recreation Facility Programmer
- Aquatic Facility Programmer
- Public Recreation Services
- Special Needs Programmer
Common sectors for graduates
- Food and beverage
- Adventure tourism
- Travel trade
- Tourism services