The tourism and hospitality industry is one of the leading global economic activities, and the largest employer worldwide. The WTTC (World Travel and Tourism Council) has, in its long-term forecast predicted the number of international travelers alone doubling from 700 million to 1.6 billion, in near future.
The tourism and hospitality sector in UAE is in the forefront of the entire Gulf and the Middle East region. Being one of the primary contributors to the GDP in the region, tourism finds place of pride in long term strategic plans for development of UAE. The country has made its mark as a safe destination extending the traditional 3’S’ (Sun, Sand & Sea) factor of destination attraction to 5’S’ which includes Safety and shopping as a major feature for the UAE visitors. According to WTTC, in 2016 travel & tourism directly supported 317,500 jobs (5.4% of total employment). This is expected to rise by 2.4% pa to 410,000 jobs (5.9% of total employment) in 2027.
BBA in tourism and hospitality management produces skilled manpower which meets the exponential growth in the air-transport, accommodation, tour operation, MICE, cruise companies, event management, catering companies, museums and cultural venues, and retail sectors in the region & world - wide.
Tourism and Hospitality Management - Goals
- To develop an overall understanding of the dynamics of tourism and hospitality sector with a reference to its background, modern practices and future prospects.
- To develop an understanding of core concepts in the areas of tourism and hospitality.
- To develop managerial and operative skills for performing various functions in tourism and hospitality.
- To develop analytical and evaluating skills for problem solving in tourism and hospitality issues.
Tourism and Hospitality Management - Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of tourism system and its impacts on economy, culture and environment for tourism development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of hospitality business, its departments and their functioning.
- Integrate Information Communication Technology in tourism and hospitality for effective operations and management.
- Apply skills of management for managing functions of tourism and hospitality businesses.
- Plan and organize events, itineraries and perform tourism and hospitality operations.
- Evaluate and formulate strategies for tourism and hospitality enterprises.
|THM3010||Foundations of Tourism||3||None||Core Course|
|THM3011||Management of Travel and Tours (P)||3||None||Core and Protected |
|THM3112||Front Office Management||3||MGM1001||Core Course|
|THM4213||E – Tourism||3||THM3010 & CIS1001||Core Course|
|THM4014||Food & Beverage Services and Management||3||None||Core Course|
|THM4116||Strategic Tourism and Hospitality Management (C,S)||3||Senior Status||Capstone and Senior Status Course|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|THM4015||Event Management (E)||3||None||Core Course|
|THM4117||Tourism and Hospitality Marketing(E)||3||MKT2201||Core Course|
|THM4118||Impacts of Tourism(E)||3||THM3010||Core Course|
|TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED IN BBA IN TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective
E, P – Elective & Protected and P – Protected
The travel and tourism industry is one of the fast-growing industries in the world. SUC’s BBA in Travel and Tourism Management gives you exposure to the world and provides you with the most relevant experience you find in the market today.