Innovation and Entrepreneurship play an important role in the social and economic development of any economy in the world. Entrepreneurial start-ups strengthen the economy by identifying new opportunities and redirecting resources to them. Established firms need to be innovative in order to develop competitive advantage for survival in the new millennium. This major focuses on the skills necessary for the planning, development and launch of entrepreneurial and innovative ventures. This major will help in understanding the functioning of small and medium firms owned by family businesses, managing brands and role of social entrepreneurship in the society.
A. INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – GOALS
- To develop an understanding of various concepts related to Entrepreneurship & Innovation.
- To examine the importance of Social Entrepreneurship in the new millennium.
- To develop analytical skills in problem solving of the small and medium enterprises.
- To develop evaluations skills in launching new ventures and managing the enterprises.
B. INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – OBJECTIVES
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and role of innovation and Entrepreneurship in the economic development.
- Analyze the strategies of new ventures and existing firms for the growth and development.
- Develop a business plan for innovative social and commercial startup ventures.
- Evaluate the ethical issues in managing small and medium enterprises.
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
|INE3010||Design Thinking||3||None||Core Courses|
|INE 3111||Family Business Management||3||MGM1001||Core Courses|
|INE3112||New Product Development||3||MKT2201||Core Courses|
|INE 4113||Management of Small and Medium Enterprises||3||MGM1001||Core Courses|
|INE 4114||International Entrepreneurship||3||INE3102||Core Courses|
|INE 4216||Entrepreneurial Project (C,S)||3||INE 3102 & Senior Status||Capstone course|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|INE 4115||Entrepreneurial Leadership(E)||3||INE 3102||Elective Course|
|INE 4117||Brand Management(E)||3||MKT 2102||Elective Course|
|INE 4118||Social Entrepreneurship(E)||3||INE 3102||Elective Course|
|TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED IN BBA IN INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective
E, P – Elective & Protected and P – Protected
BBA in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
To start your own business
Not for Profit Fund Raiser
Small Entrepreneurial Firm Manager
The general education program at the BBA level is designed to develop a well-rounded personality. The courses aim at improving communication & interpersonal skills along with instilling in students lifelong learning attitude. An all-inclusive knowledge base that is provided to the students encompassing science, computing, humanities, and culture inculcates a sensitive and scientific temper in the young professionals.
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
|CIS1001||ESSENTIALS OF IT||3||None|
|CIS2103||DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR BUSINESS||3||CIS1001|
|ENG1102||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION (PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||ENG1001|
|GEN1001||CORE LIFE SKILLS & HAPPINESS(PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||None|
|GEN1002||UAE SOCIETY AND ISLAMIC CULTURE||3||None|
|GEN1003||CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING||3||None|
The Business Education Program aims at providing conceptual background to the students in core business & management areas. Program contents have been designed to expose students to the functions of business, organization structure & design, finance and legal aspects of business towards developing an attitude for conducting and leading business enterprises effectively and innovatively.
- To develop business competencies among students to meet the challenges of business environment.
- To develop conceptual clarity of business management processes in the functional areas.
- To develop business decision making skills through business analytics.
- To develop research skills in understanding business trends and practices.
- To inculcate values and ethical behavior necessary for conducting business.
Student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of economics, finance, management, marketing, business systems and innovative business practices
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural & ethical issues in business and management practice
- Develop skills in business management and research techniques
- Analyze micro and macro business environments for effective decision making and formulating business strategies
- Relate best practices in industry through professional interaction
|FIA1001||Principles Of Financial Accounting||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2102||Principles Of Managerial Accounting||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MAT2103||Quantitative Techniques For Business||3||MAT1102||CORE COURSE|
|INE3102||Entrepreneurship(P)||3||MGM1001||CORE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|BUS4103||Business Research Methods||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4004||Business Ethics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4205||Globalization And Emerging Markets||3||ECO2102,FIA2013||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2001||Micro Economics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2102||Macro Economics||3||ECO2001||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2103||Principles Of Finance||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|CIS4104||Management Information System||3||CIS1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS3001||Business Law||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MKT2201||Principles Of Marketing||3||ECO2001 & FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM1001||Principles Of Management||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MGM3103||Operations Management||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM4406||Strategic Management (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS, MGM3103 & MKT2201 ,FIA2103||Capstone and senior status course|
|IND4102/IND4203||Internship (C,S) OR Project (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS/SENIOR STATUS & BUS4103||Capstone and senior status course|
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY FOUR
|INE3101||Innovation (E,P)||3||GEN1003||ELECTIVE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|MGM3102||Organizational Behavior(E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3104||Management Of Human Resources (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MKT3202||E- Marketing (E)||3||CIS 1001 & MKT 2201||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|BUS3002||Cross Cultural Communication (E)||3||NONE||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3105||E-Customer Relations Management (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|Total credits required in Business Education||63||ELECTIVE COURSE|