Innovation and Entrepreneurship play an important role in the social and economic development of any economy in the world. Entrepreneurial start-ups strengthen the economy by identifying new opportunities and redirecting resources to them. Established firms need to be innovative in order to develop competitive advantage for survival in the new millennium. This major focuses on the skills necessary for the planning, development and launch of entrepreneurial and innovative ventures. This major will help in understanding the functioning of small and medium firms owned by family businesses, managing brands and role of social entrepreneurship in the society.
A. INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – GOALS
- To develop an understanding of various concepts related to Entrepreneurship & Innovation.
- To examine the importance of Social Entrepreneurship in the new millennium.
- To develop analytical skills in problem solving of the small and medium enterprises.
- To develop evaluations skills in launching new ventures and managing the enterprises.
B. INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – LEARNING OUTCOMES
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and role of innovation and Entrepreneurship in the economic development.
- Analyze the strategies of new ventures and existing firms for the growth and development.
- Develop a business plan for innovative social and commercial startup ventures.
- Evaluate the ethical issues in managing small and medium enterprises.
- To start your own business
- Business Consultant
- Innovation Manager
- Not for Profit Fund Raiser
- Small Entrepreneurial Firm Manager
- Business Analyst
Common sectors for graduates
- Education: Elementary & secondary schools
- Government Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing: Advertising, digital media, corporate
- Politics: Political office, campaign management, polling and research, speech writing
- Supply Chain & Logistics