BBA in Human Resource Management and Psychology is designed to provide an understanding of issues in HR and Psychology and be able to appreciate the importance of psychology in understanding human behavior and the impact on the work environment. In the new millennium the major issues for Human Resource Management.
This major is designed to provide an understanding of issues in HR and Psychology and be able to appreciate the importance of psychology in understanding human behavior and the impact on the work environment. In the new millennium the major issues for Human Resource Management is to recruit, motivate and retain high performing employees because it has an influence on team work and organization productivity. This major focuses on courses which helps in understanding recruitment and selection, training and development and managing conflict at work in compliance with the legal frame work of the region. The major also covers understanding of concepts of Psychology and its application related to cognition, counselling and the role of positive psychology in improving the performance of employees in the organization.
1.HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – GOALS
a. To develop an understanding about human behavior by studying various concepts of psychology.
b. To examine various areas of HRM like Recruitment& selection, Training and Development, Performance management, Compensation Management and Strategic Management
c. To apply various psychological concepts in different areas of Human Resource Management to have a good understanding of human behavior at work and focus on developing individuals to enhance their engagement and productivity levels.
2. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – OBJECTIVES
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
a. Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and integration of Psychology into Human Resource Management.
b. Apply the knowledge of psychology to understand Human behavior at work.
c. Analyze various aspects of Human Resource Development and its impact on employee performance
d. Analyze the role of counseling in solving issues related to work environment.
e. Design Human Resource Management strategies for enhancing productivity in an organization
f. Evaluate various aspects of UAE Labor Law and diversity issues in organizations
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY (MAJOR)
|HRP 3010||Foundation of Psychology||3||None||Core Courses|
|HRP 3111||Cognitive Psychology||3||HRP 3010||Core Course|
|HRP3012||UAE Labor Law||3||None||Core Course|
|HRP4013||Human Resource Development||3||None||Core Course|
|HRP4114||Compensation Management||3||MGM 3104||Core Course|
|HRP 4216||Strategic Human Resource Management(C,S)||3||MGM 3104 & Senior Status||Capstone course|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|HRP 4115||Counselling Skills and Theory(E)||3||HRP3010||Elective Course|
|HRP 4017||Managing positive psychology at work(E,P)||3||HRP3010||Elective Course and Protected|
|HRP 4118||Developmental Psychology(E)||3||HRP3010||Elective Course|
|TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED IN BBA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective
E, P – Elective & Protected and P – Protected
BBA in Human Resource Management and Psychology
Caring Personal Services
The general education program at the BBA level is designed to develop a well-rounded personality. The courses aim at improving communication & interpersonal skills along with instilling in students lifelong learning attitude. An all-inclusive knowledge base that is provided to the students encompassing science, computing, humanities, and culture inculcates a sensitive and scientific temper in the young professionals.
Student will be able to:
- To improve communication skills in English language.
- To develop evaluation skills by using quantitative procedures for logical thinking in business environment.
- To develop an understanding of cultural diversity, social responsibility and ethical values.
- To develop a scientific temper among students by introducing them to the basic concepts of natural sciences.
- To enable students to use Information Systems tools in business applications.
- To develop well-rounded personalities in students enabling them to pursue excellence in career.
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic scientific principles for application in decision-making
- Comprehend and Explain human civilization, culture, ethical values, and religion, with a view to understanding of the global community.
- Develop skills in business communication
- Demonstrate skills of information technology in effective data processing and analyzing
- Develop skills in problem solving through the application of both critical thinking techniques and mathematical & statistical tools
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
|CIS1001||ESSENTIALS OF IT||3||None|
|CIS2103||DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR BUSINESS||3||CIS1001|
|ENG1102||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION (PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||ENG1001|
|GEN1001||CORE LIFE SKILLS & HAPPINESS(PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||None|
|GEN1002||UAE SOCIETY AND ISLAMIC CULTURE||3||None|
|GEN1003||CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING||3||None|
The Business Education Program aims at providing conceptual background to the students in core business & management areas. Program contents have been designed to expose students to the functions of business, organization structure & design, finance and legal aspects of business towards developing an attitude for conducting and leading business enterprises effectively and innovatively.
- To develop business competencies among students to meet the challenges of business environment.
- To develop conceptual clarity of business management processes in the functional areas.
- To develop business decision making skills through business analytics.
- To develop research skills in understanding business trends and practices.
- To inculcate values and ethical behavior necessary for conducting business.
Student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of economics, finance, management, marketing, business systems and innovative business practices
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural & ethical issues in business and management practice
- Develop skills in business management and research techniques
- Analyze micro and macro business environments for effective decision making and formulating business strategies
- Relate best practices in industry through professional interaction
|FIA1001||Principles Of Accounting-I||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2102||Principles Of Accounting-Ii||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MAT2103||Quantitative Techniques For Business||3||MAT1102||CORE COURSE|
|INE3102||Entrepreneurship(P)||3||MGM1001||CORE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|BUS4103||Business Research Methods||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4004||Business Ethics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4205||Globalization And Emerging Markets||3||ECO2102,FIA2013||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2001||Micro Economics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2102||Macro Economics||3||ECO2001||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2103||Principles Of Finance||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|CIS4104||Management Information System||3||CIS1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS3001||Business Law||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MKT2201||Principles Of Marketing||3||ECO2001 & FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM1001||Principles Of Management||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MGM3103||Operations Management||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM4406||Strategic Management (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS, MGM3103 & MKT2201 ,FIA2103||Capstone and senior status course|
|IND4102/IND4203||Internship (C,S) OR Project (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS/SENIOR STATUS & BUS4103||Capstone and senior status course|
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY FOUR
|INE3101||Innovation (E,P)||3||GEN1003||ELECTIVE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|MGM3102||Organizational Behavior(E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3104||Management Of Human Resources (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MKT3202||E- Marketing (E)||3||CIS 1001 & MKT 2201||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|BUS3002||Cross Cultural Communication (E)||3||NONE||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3105||E-Customer Relations Management (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|Total credits required in Business Education||63||ELECTIVE COURSE|