HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – GOALS
- To develop an understanding about human behavior by studying various concepts of psychology.
- To examine various areas of HRM like Recruitment& selection, Training and Development, Performance management, Compensation Management and Strategic Management
- To apply various psychological concepts in different areas of Human Resource Management to have a good understanding of human behavior at work and focus on developing individuals to enhance their engagement and productivity levels.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – LEARNING OUTCOMES
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and integration of Psychology into Human Resource Management.
- Apply the knowledge of psychology to understand Human behavior at work.
- Analyze various aspects of Human Resource Development and its impact on employee performance
- Analyze the role of counseling in solving issues related to work environment.
- Design Human Resource Management strategies for enhancing productivity in an organization
- Evaluate various aspects of UAE Labor Law and diversity issues in organizations
Foundation of Psychology
UAE Labor Law
Human Resource Development
Strategic Human Resource Management
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANYONE
Counselling Skills and Theory
Managing positive psychology at work
Admission Requirements for students in UAE
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT - UNDERGRADUATE
- High School Qualification
- English Language Proficiency
- Mathematics Proficiency
- Caring Personal Services
- Welfare and Housing Associate Professionals
- HR Manager
- Welfare officer
- Training Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Customer Service occupations
- Child care and related personal services
- Business, research and administrative professionals
Common sectors for graduates
- Education: Elementary & secondary schools
- Government Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing: Advertising, digital media, corporate
- Politics: Political office, campaign management, polling and research, speech writing
- Supply Chain & Logistics