This major is designed to provide an understanding of issues in HR and Psychology and be able to appreciate the importance of psychology in understanding human behavior and the impact on the work environment. In the new millennium the major issues for Human Resource Management is to recruit, motivate and retain high performing employees because it has an influence on team work and organization productivity. This major focuses on courses which helps in understanding recruitment and selection, training and development and managing conflict at work in compliance with the legal frame work of the region. The major also covers understanding of concepts of Psychology and its application related to cognition, counselling and the role of positive psychology in improving the performance of employees in the organization.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – GOALS
- To develop an understanding about human behavior by studying various concepts of psychology.
- To examine various areas of HRM like Recruitment& selection, Training and Development, Performance management, Compensation Management and Strategic Management
- To apply various psychological concepts in different areas of Human Resource Management to have a good understanding of human behavior at work and focus on developing individuals to enhance their engagement and productivity levels.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – LEARNING OUTCOMES
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and integration of Psychology into Human Resource Management.
- Apply the knowledge of psychology to understand Human behavior at work.
- Analyze various aspects of Human Resource Development and its impact on employee performance
- Analyze the role of counseling in solving issues related to work environment.
- Design Human Resource Management strategies for enhancing productivity in an organization
- Evaluate various aspects of UAE Labor Law and diversity issues in organizations
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY
|HRP 3010||Foundation of Psychology||3||None||Core Courses|
|HRP 3111||Cognitive Psychology||3||HRP 3010||Core Course|
|HRP3012||UAE Labor Law||3||None||Core Course|
|HRP4013||Human Resource Development||3||None||Core Course|
|HRP4114||Compensation Management||3||MGM 3104||Core Course|
|Total Core Courses credit||15|
|HRP 4216||Strategic Human Resource Management(C,S)||3||MGM 3104 & Senior Status||Capstone course|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|HRP 4115||Counselling Skills and Theory(E)||3||HRP3010||Elective Course|
|HRP 4017||Managing positive psychology at work(E,P)||3||HRP3010||Elective Course and Protected|
|HRP 4118||Developmental Psychology(E)||3||HRP3010||Elective Course|
|TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED IN BBA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective
E, P – Elective & Protected and P – Protected
Caring Personal Services