The Bachelor of Business Administration program in Accounting and Finance is designed to developing an understanding of the students in functional & operational areas, assessing and managing risks of organizations. Accounting and finance being an important area of business with multiple stakeholders, the importance of ethical behavior is adequately emphasized in the program. With UAE becoming a financial hub, the program is intended to address the need of conventional accounting and financial systems, Islamic finance and derivatives. The major also emphasizes the role of information technology in developing problem solving, decision - making skills in the effective discharge of responsibilities.
Accounting and Finance - Goals
- To develop understanding the functions of accounting & auditing and processes of ethical financial decision making.
- To develop understanding of the functions and roles of financial markets & financial institutions.
- To develop analytical and evaluating skills relating to corporate finance, taxation, portfolio investments and Islamic finance.
Accounting and Finance - Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and functioning of financial system including Islamic Finance.
- Comprehend and explain the importance of ethics in discharging accounting and finance functions.
- Demonstrate skills of preparing, presenting and analyzing financial statements, and auditing books of accounts.
- Demonstrate the use of technology in the areas of accounting.
- Analyze financial management issues with respect to the organizational perspective.
- Evaluate investment decisions, capital structure and working capital management.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
|FIA3110||Financial Markets and Investment strategy||3||FIA2103||Core Course|
|FIA3111||Corporate Finance||3||FIA2103||Core Course|
|FIA3112||Intermediate Accounting||3||FIA2102||Core Course|
|FIA4113||Taxation : Principles and Practice||3||FIA2102||Core Course|
|FIA4114||Cost and Management Accounting||3||FIA2102||Core Course|
|Total Core Courses credit||15||Core Course|
|FIA4216||Financial Statement Analysis(C,S)||3||Senior Status, FIA2102||Capstone and Senior Status course|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|FIA4115||Auditing (E)||3||FIA3112||Elective Course|
|FIA4117||Accounting Information System (E,P)||3||FIA2102||Elective and Protected Course|
|FIA4118||Islamic Finance (E)||3||FIA3111||Elective Course|
|Total Credits required in Finance Major||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective
E, P – Elective & Protected P– Protected
The need for finance professionals is everywhere, as every business needs to manage budgets, funds, and investments deliberately at all times. This field of study is essential in determining gains and losses of various establishments and is therefore one of the most sough-after programs today. Skyline’s BBA in Finance covers various techniques, finance strategies, and principle that are beneficial in pursuing this career.