BBA in Accounting and Finance is designed to develop the understanding of the functional and operational areas of finance and assessing and managing risk in organization.
The Bachelor of Business Administration program in Accounting and Finance is designed to developing an understanding of the students in functional & operational areas, assessing and managing risks of organizations. Accounting and finance being an important area of business with multiple stakeholders, the importance of ethical behavior is adequately emphasized in the program. With UAE becoming a financial hub, the program is intended to address the need of conventional accounting and financial systems, Islamic finance and derivatives. The major also emphasizes the role of information technology in developing problem solving, decision - making skills in the effective discharge of responsibilities.
Accounting and Finance - Goals
- To develop understanding the functions of accounting & auditing and processes of ethical financial decision making.
- To develop understanding of the functions and roles of financial markets & financial institutions.
- To develop analytical and evaluating skills relating to corporate finance, taxation, portfolio investments and Islamic finance.
Accounting and Finance - Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and functioning of financial system including Islamic Finance.
- Comprehend and explain the importance of ethics in discharging accounting and finance functions
- Demonstrate skills of preparing, presenting and analyzing financial statements, and auditing books of accounts.
- Demonstrate the use of technology in the areas of accounting
- Analyze financial management issues with respect to the organizational perspective
- Evaluate investment decisions, capital structure and working capital management
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE (MAJOR)
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
|CIS1001||ESSENTIALS OF IT||3||None|
|CIS2103||DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR BUSINESS||3||CIS1001|
|ENG1102||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION (PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||ENG1001|
|GEN1001||CORE LIFE SKILLS & HAPPINESS(PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||None|
|GEN1002||UAE SOCIETY AND ISLAMIC CULTURE||3||None|
|GEN1003||CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING||3||None|
|FIA1001||Principles Of Accounting-I||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2102||Principles Of Accounting-Ii||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MAT2103||Quantitative Techniques For Business||3||MAT1102||CORE COURSE|
|INE3102||Entrepreneurship(P)||3||MGM1001||CORE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|BUS4103||Business Research Methods||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4004||Business Ethics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4205||Globalization And Emerging Markets||3||ECO2102,FIA2013||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2001||Micro Economics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2102||Macro Economics||3||ECO2001||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2103||Principles Of Finance||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|CIS4104||Management Information System||3||CIS1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS3001||Business Law||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MKT2201||Principles Of Marketing||3||ECO2001 & FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM1001||Principles Of Management||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MGM3103||Operations Management||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM4406||Strategic Management (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS, MGM3103 & MKT2201 ,FIA2103||Capstone and senior status course|
|IND4102/IND4203||Internship (C,S) OR Project (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS/SENIOR STATUS & BUS4103||Capstone and senior status course|
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY FOUR
|INE3101||Innovation (E,P)||3||GEN1003||ELECTIVE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|MGM3102||Organizational Behavior(E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3104||Management Of Human Resources (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MKT3202||E- Marketing (E)||3||CIS 1001 & MKT 2201||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|BUS3002||Cross Cultural Communication (E)||3||NONE||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3105||E-Customer Relations Management (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|Total credits required in Business Education||63||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|FIA3110||Financial Markets and Investment strategy||3||FIA2103|
|FIA4113||Taxation : Principles and Practice||3||FIA2102|
|FIA4114||Cost and Management Accounting||3||FIA2102|
|FIA4216||Financial Statement Analysis(C,S)||3||FIA2102 & Senior Status|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|FIA4117||Accounting Information System (E,P)||3||FIA2102|
|FIA4118||Islamic Finance (E)||3||FIA3111|
|Total Credits required in Finance Major||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective
E, P – Elective & Protected P– Protected
BBA in Accounting and Finance
The need for finance professionals is everywhere, as every business needs to manage budgets, funds, and investments deliberately at all times. This field of study is essential in determining gains and losses of various establishments and is therefore one of the most sough-after programs today. Skyline’s BBA in Finance covers various techniques, finance strategies, and principle that are beneficial in pursuing this career.
GENERAL EDUCATION INTRODUCTION
The general education program at the BBA level is designed to develop a well-rounded personality. The courses aim at improving communication & interpersonal skills along with instilling in students lifelong learning attitude. An all-inclusive knowledge base that is provided to the students encompassing science, computing, humanities, and culture inculcates a sensitive and scientific temper in the young professionals.
Student will be able to:
- To improve communication skills in English language.
- To develop evaluation skills by using quantitative procedures for logical thinking in business environment.
- To develop an understanding of cultural diversity, social responsibility and ethical values.
- To develop a scientific temper among students by introducing them to the basic concepts of natural sciences.
- To enable students to use Information Systems tools in business applications.
- To develop well-rounded personalities in students enabling them to pursue excellence in career.
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic scientific principles for application in decision-making
- Comprehend and Explain human civilization, culture, ethical values, and religion, with a view to understanding of the global community.
- Develop skills in business communication
- Demonstrate skills of information technology in effective data processing and analyzing
- Develop skills in problem solving through the application of both critical thinking techniques and mathematical & statistical tools
The Business Education Program aims at providing conceptual background to the students in core business & management areas. Program contents have been designed to expose students to the functions of business, organization structure & design, finance and legal aspects of business towards developing an attitude for conducting and leading business enterprises effectively and innovatively.
- To develop business competencies among students to meet the challenges of business environment.
- To develop conceptual clarity of business management processes in the functional areas.
- To develop business decision making skills through business analytics.
- To develop research skills in understanding business trends and practices.
- To inculcate values and ethical behavior necessary for conducting business.R03;R03;
Student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of economics, finance, management, marketing, business systems and innovative business practices
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural & ethical issues in business and management practice
- Develop skills in business management and research techniques
- Analyze micro and macro business environments for effective decision making and formulating business strategies
- Relate best practices in industry through professional interactionR03;