The Bachelor of Business Administration program in Accounting and Finance is designed to developing an understanding of the students in functional & operational areas, assessing and managing risks of organizations. Accounting and finance being an important area of business with multiple stakeholders, the importance of ethical behavior is adequately emphasized in the program. With UAE becoming a financial hub, the program is intended to address the need of conventional accounting and financial systems, Islamic finance and derivatives. The major also emphasizes the role of information technology in developing problem solving, decision - making skills in the effective discharge of responsibilities.
Accounting and Finance - Goals
- To understand the functions of accounting & auditing and the processes of ethical financial decision making.
- To understand the functions and roles of financial markets and financial institutions.
- To develop analytical and evaluating skills relating to corporate finance, taxation, portfolio investments and Islamic finance.
Accounting and Finance - Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and functioning of financial system including Islamic Finance.
- Explain the importance of ethics in discharging accounting and finance functions.
- Develop skills of preparing, presenting and analyzing financial statements, and auditing books of accounts.
- Apply technology in the functions of accounting and finance.
- Analyze financial management issues with respect to the organizational perspective.
- Evaluate investment decisions, capital structure and working capital management.
The need for finance professionals is everywhere, as every business needs to manage budgets, funds, and investments deliberately at all times. This field of study is essential in determining gains and losses of various establishments and is therefore one of the most sough-after programs today. Skyline’s BBA in Finance covers various techniques, finance strategies, and principle that are beneficial in pursuing this career.
- Corporate Financial
- Analysts Financial Planners
- Commercial Banker
- Financial Analyst or Advisor
- Personal or Commercial Loan Officer
- Investment Analyst or Advisor
- Stock Broker
- Financial Planner
Common sectors for graduates
Opportunities are widely available with:
- accountancy firms
- building societies
- high street banks
- insurance companies
- investment banks
- management consultancies
- public sector employers