DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
An applicant seeking admission for the Bachelor of Business Administration program is required to fulfill the following conditions:
i. High School Qualification
ii. English Language Proficiency
iii. Mathematics Proficiency
iv. Arabic Language Proficiency
v. Personal Interview
vi. MOE Equivalency
b. IGCSE/GCSE/GCE (O-Level): All documents require attestation from the competent authorities.
1. 13 YEARS OF SCHOOLING
1.1. Student class no. 10 – should pass 5 “O level “ (grade A to E)
1.2. Student class no. 11 – should pass “2 AS level ” or “1 A level” (grade A to D)
1.3. Student class no. 12 – should pass : 2 AS level” or “1 A level ” (grade A to D)
1.4. Student should submit the school transcript to confirm the year of studies
1.5. Islamic Education is compulsory for Muslims regardless of Nationality and Arabic Language is compulsory for Arabs. However, both Islamic Education and Arabic Language are not considered in calculation of the passing grade
1.6. Equivalency is compulsory for admission for individual student
2. 12 YEARS OF SCHOOLING
2.1. Student class no. 11 – should pass 5 “O level “ (grade A to E)
2.2. Student class no. 12 – should pass “2 AS level ” or “1 A level” (grade A to D)
2.3. Student should submit the school transcript to confirm the year of studies
2.4. Islamic Education is compulsory for Muslims regardless of Nationality and Arabic Language is compulsory for Arabs. However, both Islamic Education and Arabic Language are not considered in calculation of the passing grade
2.5. Equivalency is compulsory for admission for individual student
c. American Diploma after 12 years of schooling
1. Minimum 5 courses in each grade 10, 11 and 12 with passing mark of 70% for Advanced or Elite Track or 75% for General Track or equivalent in International standard (Refer ministerial degree 4443/2001)
2. Islamic Education is compulsory for Muslims regardless of Nationality and Arabic Language is compulsory for Arabs. However, both Islamic Education and Arabic Language are not considered in calculation of the passing grade.
3. As per MOE guidelines, SUC accepts Students with American Diploma under any one of the below mentioned categories:
3.1. IB Diploma:
3.1.1. Students are required to study 6 subjects from different academic areas of which 3 are studied at higher level and 3 at standard level.
3.1.2. Student must receive a minimum score of 24 points across 6 subjects with at least 12 points from higher level subjects and a minimum of 9 points from standard level subject
3.2. IB Certificate
3.2.1. IB certificates are considered as American Diploma and are equalized by Ministry of Education
3.2.2. Students with IB certificate must obtain a minimum grade of 22 points
3.3. IB Career:
3.3.1. IB Career is considered as Vocational (Technical School)
3.3.2. Students with IB Career must obtain a minimum grade of 26 points
d. Indian Board(CBSE)
Higher Secondary certificate with minimum 50%, which is equivalent to 75% of UAE entry requirement as per classbase.com
e. Pakistan Board
Higher Secondary certificate with minimum 55%, which is equivalent to 75% of UAE entry requirement as per classbase.com
f. Other SS Qualifications (inside UAE):
Students from the Iranian, Indian, Pakistani, Philippine, French or German high school curriculum require 12 years of schooling and attestation from MOE or KHDA or ADEC.
g. Secondary School Qualifications Obtained Outside UAE:
1. Must meet the requirements for admission into university in the country of origin
2. With Min 11 years of schooling
3. Attestation of Secondary School Qualification by Education Authority in Home Country, Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Home Country, UAE Embassy, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE
Prospective student is required to fulfill any one of the following English Proficiency requirements for admission to Bachelor of Business Administration program as given below:
- A minimum score of 1100 in EmSAT Achieve English (Emirates Standardized Test)
- A minimum score of 500 out of 677 on Institutional Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL-ITP) (certificates will be accepted upon verification by the ETS)
- A minimum score of 5.0 on International English Language Testing System (IELTS - Academic)
- Any other equivalent test standardized nationally, or internationally, recognized and approved by the MoE.
Table 1: English Proficiency Score Range for Direct entry to Bachelor of Business Administration Program
- A native speaker who has completed his / her undergraduate education in an English-medium institution may not be required to provide certification in English Language Proficiency
- Institutional TOEFL / IELTS score only from recognized testing centers or AMIDEAST is acceptable
- Requirements are applied regardless of educational system or country where student is coming from.
- The English proficiency qualifying result should be submitted along with the application
- Transfer student need to have English proficiency eligibility upon registration
Prospective student is required to fulfill any one of the following Mathematics Proficiency requirements for admission to Bachelor of Business Administration program as given below:
- A minimum score of 600 in EmSAT Mathematics Test
- A minimum score of 600 in SAT
Prospective student is required to fulfill, Proficiency requirements for admission to Bachelor of Business Administration program as given below:
- A minimum score of 600 in EmSAT Arabic Language test
- Non-Arab students can register for non-credited Basic Arabic Language course at the institution.
Prospective student is required to pass the personal interview set by the institution.
MOE Equivalency is required for all qualifications other than UAE curriculum.
CONDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
The VC reserves the right to admit a student on condition to the Bachelor of Business Administration program under following circumstances where the student does not satisfactorily meet the admission criteria as per MOE:
CONDITIONAL ADMISSION CAN BE ALLOWED FOR NOT ACHIEVEING THE EMSAT ARABIC LANGUAGE SCORE
The requirements for conditional admission under the above circumstances are detailed below:A- CONDITIONAL ADMISSION TO STUDENTS NOT MEETING ARABIC LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
Students who have fulfilled the High School requirement and have not achieved an Arabic Proficiency score as given in below table may be conditionally admitted to the Bachelor of Business Administration program by signing an undertaking for submission of the required Arabic score within the first semester. The student is also required to register for the Arabic course offered at SUC and must obtain a minimum Arabic Proficiency score as per the Admission requirements in order to continue his / her admission to the Bachelor of Business Administration program.
Table 2: Arabic Proficiency Score Range for Conditional Admission to Bachelor of Business Administration Program
B- PROCEDURE TO APPLY FOR CONDITIONAL ADMISSION
- Fill up the Application form for Admission in SUC.
- Submit Admission entry requirement documents.
- Pay the application, registration and first installment fee along with the submission of application form
- Students need to register for Arabic course
- Appeal to VC for consideration of conditional admission
- Conditional admission may be granted / rejected at VC’s discretion
ADMISSION TO PEOPLE OF DETERMINATION
SUC admits People of determination after a due process of understanding the learning abilities and the approaches of teaching to them is clearly understood. SUC facilitates the special needs student by allocating extra time to help them learn without sacrificing the syllabus and the rigor required in it.
Upon meeting the admission requirements, the candidates shall be interviewed by the concerned teaching faculty members under the guidance of a committee, which shall be formed as and when required and the outcomes of the interview are recorded and communicated to the candidate and the Vice Chancellor for necessary actions. The interview shall be focused on:
- To understand the nature of shortcomings
- To understand the learning abilities, assessment modes, additional time required for completion
- To understand the learning abilities through computer
- To understand their skill levels in assessing
TRANSFER ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
SUC accepts students who wish to transfer from a federal or licensed institution in the UAE, or a foreign institution of higher learning based outside the UAE and accredited in its home country.
Transfer of credit is granted under the following conditions:
- Students seeking transfer to BBA program must meet the English, Mathematics and Arabic proficiency requirement.
- The student must be in good academic standing and still eligible to return to the current or former institution.
- Students who are not in good standing may get transfer only to a different major / concentration from the one from which the student is transferring
- The course contents mentioned in the Course Delivery Package of the previous institution should match to a minimum of 75% of the SUC Syllabus of the corresponding course thereby ensuring similarity in the course learning outcomes.
- The student must attend a minimum of 50% of the credit hours of their study plan at SUC in other words, only up to 50% of the courses offered in SUC can be offered as transfer of credits transferred to the program.
- The credit hours completed must be equivalent or higher to the corresponding courses offered at SUC.
- The students must have passed the course with a minimum of ‘C’ grade or equivalent.
- Maximum credits awarded for transfer admission will be limited to specified courses at SUC. In case credits earned at the original institution are less than those at SUC, the lower credits will be awarded as transfer.
- No transfer can be awarded for Capstone and protected courses of SUC.
- Once TOC is granted and the Graduation plan is signed by the student, the student cannot challenge the TOC decision during the progression of course.
- A student is placed in the Senior Level status only after completing all the balance courses till the junior level.
- Incase student changes the major /concentration area of study the student will have to re-apply for TOC. Prohibit accepting credit twice for substantially the same course taken at two different institutions.
- The grades of transferred courses will not be included while calculating the student’s Grade Point Average (GPA).
- The processing fees of TOC is non-refundable and is charged (as per applicable fee structure).
- Transfer admission students will not be included in the toppers list.
- TOC will be awarded to students of Higher College of Technology diploma holders on the following conditions. (This provision is made available as per the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research (MOE) circular no.1 (amended) dated 11th March 2006).
- In case of transfer admissions to Bachelor of Business Administration Program, the applicant must have 12th standard Certificate with minimum 70% marks for Advanced or Elite Track or 75% for General Track or equivalent in International standard
- His/her diploma should be accredited and attested by MOE or its equivalence certificate for those who graduate outside UAE.
- To check the validity of the certificate issued by HCT and make sure that it is
- CGPA should be 2.0 and above.
- The student should get “C” grade and above in the following subjects:
- Any other conditions followed by the institutions. Once the acceptable transfer of credits is decided, the student is informed and can then proceed for registration. Appropriate fee reduction is given for the courses granted transfer of credit.
- Once the TOC is granted, it will be informed to student along with the graduation plan for review & consent with signature.
- Once a student will change his/her major / concentration, process will be treated as new, thus, additional fee will be applicable as per published fees structure.
- Once a student has joined the SUC and wish to enroll external course/s, these courses should be approved by Administration Dept. before starting the course; otherwise TOC will not be granted along with applicable fees.
- This TOC process once approved is applicable only for the mentioned intake.
- TOC will not be granted to conditionally enrolled student for the courses, which are in offer in the 1st semester.
- TOC students understand that even if they are left with less number of courses at any level, they cannot be granted courses from next level unless and until they have successfully completed level which they are in, as per SUC policy.
- Fee waiver for the TOC courses granted will be applicable only on completion of the program, otherwise, the full amount must be paid.
- For transfer from one school to other school within SUC, the TOC policy shall remain same. However, the fee structure of the new school to which the student is transferred shall be applicable.
- In case the student was granted any scholarship / fee waiver, the percentage of scholarship / fee waiver shall remain same. However, the amount of discount shall be calculated based on the new fee structure applicable for the specific school.