The Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH) is the UK's leading professional awarding body for qualifications in the specialist growing commercial sector worldwide.
Over the last 30 years CTH has focused on developing and adding value to careers in the industry, globally. CTH was established in 1982 as a specialist professional body in the UK to focus on the training needs of new entrants to the hospitality and tourism industries, and now has accredited colleges worldwide delivering sought after CTH qualification
The Basic Ramp Handling Course has been designed to provide participants with the skill to handle different kinds of load on a flight, facilitating the loading and unloading of a narrow-bodied aircraft at the airside ramp parking area efficiently and professionally at a basic level according to the prevailing international industry standard.
|This program is designed for those who intend to function as an airside ramp agent or those who are already employed as such, but without the professional qualification required to succeed in an airline, airport or ground handling agency. The following basic skills are required: |
Before joining the Basic Ramp Handling course, it is recommended the candidate complete the Airline Customer Services and the Basic Load Control course
- Reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Good foundation of basic mathematics.
|Executives, Officers and Agents for: |
- Airline airside ground operations
- Airport airside ground operations
- Ground handling agents’ airside ground operations
- IATA & ICAO: history, role and function
- Aircraft: description, parts, types, flight controls
- Aircraft features: cabin layout arrangement, facilities, and cargo hold compartments and hold numbering
- Aircraft weights and aircraft balance
- Structural strength and fuselage limits
- Loading limitations and load distribution guidelines
- Normal loads and those that need special attention
- Load planning principles, of a narrow -bodied aircraft, volumetric and weight considerations
- Load handling procedures, loading and offloading of the different types of load
- Notice to captain of special loads
- The Airline and the Airport Handling Agency
- Different services and handling needed by the flight and the aircraft at the airport
- Ground services equipment
- Communications equipment
- Safety requirements for personnel and equipment
- Course Duration: 2 weeks
- Course Days: Sun-Thu
- Course Timings – 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Type of Exam: External– CTH UK
- Exam Duration: 1 paper of 2 hours
- Exam Venue: Skyline University College
- AED 2,500 - (Fees subject to change)
Last date to register
- One week prior to start of course
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Passport Copy
- Fee as specified in Fee Policy
- For course cancelled by Institution:
- 100% refund of course fee
- For course cancelled by student:
- 10% of the total fees will be deducted and the balance amount will be refunded before the commencement of course
- No refund after the commencement of course
General terms & Conditions
- Course and exam dates are subject to change.
- Conduct of classes is subject to minimum number of students enrolled.
- Conduct of morning/evening batches is subject to minimum number of students enrolled. In case of cancellation of either of the batches, registered students would be shifted to available batch. Student should refer to fee refund policy, in case he/she is not willing to shift the batch.
- Courses offered during holy month of Ramadan would have different timings. Student should contact administration/CPD for new timings.