SUC follows a non-discriminatory policy to admit all such students who have completed the General Secondary School Certificate of UAE or its equivalent as per International Grade Conversions published by World Education Services Inc. (www.wes.org), subject to availability of seats. The admissions are carried out in accordance to the admission policies and procedures of MOE, UAE and the number of seats approved by the Executive Council as per the strategic plan.
NEW ADMISSIONS ENTRY REQUIREMENT
An applicant seeking admission for BSIT program is required to fulfill the following conditions:
High School Grade
- Prospective student should have 60% marks in the secondary school of UAE or its equivalent as per the International Grade Conversions published by World Education Services Inc. (www.wes.org)and www.classbase.com. Student having any equivalent qualification from an institution in UAE must get the documents attested by the Ministry of Education and Youth. For qualifications obtained from abroad, attestation is required from the relevant authorities of that country.
- Seven subjects of IGCSE/GCSE/GCE (O-Level) with grade ‘C’ or above (AS-Level) with grade ‘D’ or above (A-Level) with grade ‘E’ or above. All documents require attestation from the competent authorities.
- Same subject taken at 2 or more levels can be counted as two different Subjects.
- Subjects taken out of School in the 12th Year shall be accepted provided they are attested by The British Council.
- Combination with UAE-SS Grade12; OR Combination with American Diploma in Grade 12 is NOT permitted.
- American Diploma after 12 years of schooling is permitted. However the certificate should be attested by relevant authority like MOE / KHDA / ADEC and the candidate must fulfill SAT requirements.
Note: SUC accepts students with American diploma as per the MOE guidelines with anyone of the category mentioned below
- IB Diploma: Requirements include 6 subjects; with minimum 24 points and must have minimum of 2 High Level subjects in addition to Normal Level ones.
- IB Certificate
- SUC to accept IB certificate requires a minimum grade of 22 points
- IB certificates are considered as American Diploma and are equalized by Ministry of Education.
- Should require SAT (400 Math & 500 TOEFL)
- IB Career: IB Career is considered as Vocational (Technical School) Normally require higher number of points (26-28)
- Other SS Qualifications (inside UAE):
Students from the Iranian, Indian, Pakistani, Philippine, French or German high school curriculum require 12 years of schooling and attestation from MOE/ KHDA/ ADEC.
- Secondary School Qualifications Obtained Outside UAE:
- Must meet the requirements for admission into university in the country of origin
- With Min 11 years of schooling
- Attestation: Education Authority (Home Country) ; Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Home Country) ; UAE Embassy+ Evidence of completion of Secondary School Stage
- f. Students holding National Secondary School Certificates from UAE Board with score of less than 60% should submit Foundation Program completion certificate from an institution approved by MOE. It is not applied for High School Certificate holders of other systems of education. On passing the Foundation Program, the student’s Certificate will be recognized and attested by the MOE. This may be used for progression to Higher Education within the institution offering the Foundation Program, or for entry to other Higher Education institutions, provided the student meets the admission requirements set for specific programs at that institution.
- Other SS Qualifications (inside UAE):
English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL/IELTS/PEARSON-Academic, Cambridge English: Advanced Test/ City & Guilds-IESOL)Prospective BSIT student is required to fulfill any one of the following requirements for admission to BSIT program as given below
- A minimum score of 500 out of 677 on Institutional Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 61 out of 120 on the Internet Based Test (IBT) of TOEFL or a minimum score of 173 on the Computer based TOEFL (certificates will be accepted upon verification by the ETS)
- A minimum score of 5.0 on International English Language Testing System (IELTS - Academic)
- A minimum score of 36-46 in the Pearson Test of English.
- A minimum score of 41-46 in Cambridge English: Advanced Test of English Language.
- A minimum score of B1 in City & Guilds IESOL / SESOL Test.
- A minimum score of 1100 in EmSAT Achieve English (Emirates Standardized Test)
- Qualifying English Proficiency Test is mandatory for all including native speakers
- Institutional TOEFL / IELTS Score only from recognized testing centers or AMIDEAST is ACCEPTABLE. The TOEFL (IBT) certificates will be accepted upon verification by the ETS and for IELTS verification will be done from IETLTS website.
- Institutional TOEFL score can be transferred from any other Ministry of Higher Education approved universities in UAE or at various AMIDEAST approved testing venues across MOE-licensed institutions in the UAE
- Requirements are applied regardless of educational system or country where student is coming from.
Mathematical Ability TestSUC conducts a mathematical ability test in which an applicant is required to score a minimum of 60% passing score for placement into the BSIT program. Following are the exceptions for taking the SUC Mathematical Ability Test:
- Students with a minimum SAT score of 500
- Student holding diploma or transfer of credit from an accredited institution by MOE and having a grade “C” or above in a Mathematics related course.
- Students with a minimum EmSAT Math score of 1100.